Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing spoonwep2 and spoonwpa on BackTrack 4 pre final

Junior Member imported_painter13's Avatar

I'm totally lost with this tutorial.... Nothing works for me....

Just burned his ISO

Default Cannot execute binary file

I followed these steps to the best of my ability. Using the windows unsquashfs I was able to uncompress the files. I then copied them over using your commands, gave them chmods, added the scripts.

When trying to open the program I get:
    bash: /usr/bin/spoonwep: cannot execute binary file

I have retraced my steps but can't figure out what I might have done wrong.

Any help/advice please?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    Thanks, worked like a charm. I used BT3 to unsquash the files, and then followed your guide.
    Thanks. BT3 helped me unsquash the files. I did muddle through the tutorial and improvised here and there. Now spoonwep and spoonwpa are working. But I wouldn't say the tutorial "worked like a charm"

(I did try the windows unsquash program but I'm not sure if the files were properly unsquashed as I got some error message when I proceeded with the tutorial. So try using bt3 to unsquash.)

sylvestor2002, Could you please be a little more specific as what you improvised on? Thanks in advance....

Quote Originally Posted by painter13 View Post
    sylvestor2002, Could you please be a little more specific as what you improvised on? Thanks in advance....
    I was having lots of problems trying to unsquash the files. So I copied them to a usb drive. Booted up with bt3. Unsquashed the files. Then dragged and dropped the files back to my bt4 partition.

I then followed the tutorials, but made the necessary improvisions as to where the unsquashed files where (ie: in my home folder.)

I tried the last part of adding the items to the menu list but that didn't work. But if I open a command prompt, I can just type spoonwep and then the application opens perfectly.

I too got these tools to install under BT4 Pre Final. The problem for me was moving the files to their final destination in BT4. If anyone is interested I'm willing to write up a detailed instruction list of how I went about it. Let me know... Thanks to the original thread poster guy... Cheers!

Just burned his ISO

if you have probs with lzm2dir use backtrack 3 to unpack it...

Code:
    lzm2dir SWPA.lzm /root/Desktop/
    after you do it then you transfer usr folder to backtrack 4 partition and follow the tutorial on page 1 of this topic

Just burned his ISO

I dont understand this moment:

Code:
    spoonwep
    sleep 1
    while ! [ -e /usr/local/bin/wifispoonfeeder/spoonwep/tmp/wscapture-01.csv ]
    do
    sleep 1;
    done
    ln -s /usr/local/bin/wifispoonfeeder/spoonwep/tmp/wscapture-01.csv /usr/local/bin/wifispoonfeeder/spoonwep/tmp/wscapture-01.txt 2>/dev/null
    rm /bin/sh
    ln -s /bin/dash /bin/sh " >/usr/bin/spoonwep.sh
    When i write these commands, console wait for something more, there appears ">"
    Please help me.

PS. Sorry for my english.

[QUOTE=kamik_05;140731]

Code:
    cp -rpv /mnt/sdc1/spoonwpa/usr / 
    cp -rpv /mnt/sdc1/spoowep2/usr /
    from this bit onwards it goes wrong it says ther is a bit missing from these commands and i dont know what directory it should be added to the end can anyone help ?? i tried several different locations and i just get a "kdeinit could not locate executables when i try launching spoonwep2

whats missing here?
    Thanks to everyone who has contributed towards bt3 and all the other great tools within it, especially shamanvirtuel, spoonwpa is just awesome to a noob like me. hope you find somewhere to live.

Hey, there are so many nice aircrack-ng GUI replacements available these days.......you may want to try them.

One example:

http://forum.aircrack-ng.org/index.p...;boardseen#new

A

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast