Thread: aircrack-ng on linksys router..

Just burned his ISO

Default aircrack-ng on linksys router..

hi friends

first of all, sorry if i double ask but is it possible to successfully install aircrack-ng suite to linksys router and then use the linksys terminal as a pnetesting enviroment? i am asking this because i am going to buy linksys router and kind of doing can antenna for it. my laptop has internal wifi antenna so i am unable to make one for my laptop... i thought if linksys runs on linux it should be possible to use it for pentesting. I have googled the question and didn't understand fully so i am asking you guys and ladies :]

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by blackroselt View Post
    I have googled the question and didn't understand fully
    Because, you have absolutely no idea about aircrack-ng.....
    And, you need to learn English....
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Just burned his ISO

maybe... however i have cracked several wep successfully... anyway, maybe someone can post valuable info?..

is it possible to successfully install aircrack-ng suite to linksys router
    OK, let's start from the beginning.... have you EVER installed aircrack-ng to ANY router??
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Just burned his ISO

No. However did it on linux system, which is likely to be installed on router.

No. However did it on linux system, which is likely to be installed on router.
    No, aircrack can't be installed onto a router.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Thanks Barry for the support ....... I'm leaving this thread to your capable hand & quit ....

@blackroselt
    The linksys routers usually have broadcom chipsets and are therefore a bad choice for wireless pentesting from my perspective. If you want to buy a wireless router just for this purpose, I'd recommend you a La Fonera Router - it's atheros hardware and thus perfectly fits your needs and it's cheap - around 20€ at ebay incl. shipping. OpenWrt runs just fine on these little babies, the madwifi-ng drivers are already patched for injection (monitor mode) and aircrack-ng is in the OpenWrt repository - just an "opkg install aircrack-ng" away. While I'd like to avoid self-advertising here, you maybe should have a look at the Piranha firmware for the La Fonera - this is a customized version of OpenWrt targeted on wireless pentesting.

HTH orange

Just burned his ISO

Thank you for your time and knowledge