Thread: Dull forum colours ruin all the fun

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Default Dull forum colours ruin all the fun

Recently someone posted a screenshot of the RE forums in which they were using the default vBulletin white-and-blue forum skin.

I decided to try it this skin out for myself, but I found that it ruined the atmosphere of the forums for me. With the white-and-blue colours it felt too professional, too bland, lacking any fun at all. When I clicked on the New Posts button I had little interest in scrolling down through the list of threads.

So I'm gonna switch back to dark forum colours and once again feel like I'm in a dark seedy lair... I might even put a Mortal Kombat playstation game into a CD player and play the background fight music (actually I've just given myself an idea, I might rip a Mortal Kombat CD to my PC and use it as ambient background music in my house )
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Developer

Different strokes for different folks!

I like the white / blue default. Its much easier to see wtf is going on. I guess I am old and uncool.

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

I've just switched back to the red-and-black BT4 skin, and no joke: now I feel like reading through every single thread in the New Posts! The forum skin makes an immeasurable difference to me! :-O
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    I like the white / blue default. Its much easier to see wtf is going on. I guess I am old and uncool.
    Don't feel bad old man, I need the blue and white as well in order to read things.
    I know several others do too.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Don't feel bad old man, I need the blue and white as well in order to read things.
    I know several others do too.
    I try to keep anything I read online as dark as possible. Nothing like hitting an all white page when your eyes are dark adjusted. I guess it's a habit I picked up living in a place that's dark more than light. My monitors are usually one tick above off most of the time too, unless I'm using photoshop.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I try to keep anything I read online as dark as possible. Nothing like hitting an all white page when your eyes are dark adjusted. I guess it's a habit I picked up living in a place that's dark more than light. My monitors are usually one tick above off most of the time too, unless I'm using photoshop.
    Vampire...

I must admit though that orange theme is ugly.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Vampire...

I must admit though that orange theme is ugly.
    Yea it was! I'm using the --backtrack theme.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

I ONLY can read things with the default white-blue theme....
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by kazalku View Post
    I ONLY can read things with the default white-blue theme....
    Damn, some day my eyes will be that bad. Now if they change the theme to have a black background with blue and red text I'm screwed. For some reason I see those colors at different depths. Don't know if that happens with everybody or not. I also have issues with blue led Christmas lights.