Thread: VMware Workstation - Backtrack - WG111v2 Realtek RTL-8187L chipset

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default VMware Workstation - Backtrack - WG111v2 Realtek RTL-8187L chipset

Hello everyone!

Recently I had installed Backtrack 3 using VMware Workstation. And I have wireless USB adapter WG111v2 Realtek RTL-8187L chipset and I can't get it to work. I have looked like a million posts and web pages about this, but I couldn't find a good tutorial or explanation how to get this USB adapter to work in Backtrack 3. When I plug the adapter the Backtrack detects it, but when I try to configure, it gives me a choise from 5 or 6 drivers and when I choose one of them an error pops out - cannot start wpa_supplicant. And then it seems like the USB adapter is woorkin, but in is not detecting any wireless networks /and that is impossible, because my router is like 2 meeters from my laptop/.

Also I have tried to install this diver - Realtek RTL8187L Wireless Driver 1.10 Linux Kernel 2.6. But it seems it's not possible, because I am using a virtual machine and it can't create/find the folders which are required to install the driver. That is how I understand all the errors when I was trying to insall it.

If someone have managed to get this to work please... please tell me how? Or if there is a post or a tutorial that I didn't found please let me know.

Thank you in advance!

Regards!

P.S. Sorry for the bad English

Works outta the box with bt4
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.