Thread: BT4 ISO wont burn properly? or Boot?

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default BT4 ISO wont burn properly? or Boot?

I cant seem to get the BT4 ISO burned right or something. My burners (Power2Go and Express Burn) say burn successful, but when i try to verify contents or boot says the DVD is blank. I can see physically that something has been burned. It will not run on my HP Pavilion dv4 or Dell Inspiron 2600. BT3 burned flawlessly and preforms better then expected.

Im using my HP Pavilion dv4-1220(64bit Vista Home Premium SP2) to burn the DVD.

Optical drive : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7561S ATA Device

inb4 Microsoft jokes.

Just burned his ISO

Try using ImgBurn (google it) its simple to use and I know that it works with your particular DVD drive.

Just burned his ISO

Hi, I was having the same problem as you were. I have tried downloading bt4prefinal 3 times and compared the md5 hash and the hash matches. At first I thought it was the download but later I tried it out on a another computer and it reads it correctly. So I think it is just your older dvdrom.

I am still having issues installing bt4. At my work laptop, it installs and boots fine. My workstation and laptop at home will not boot correctly. I still think it is the older dvdroms on them. So yesterday, I onced tried again at home on my workstation and it still fails. So I tried it in vmware, and this time it installed correctly with no errors. But I still don't know why it wont boot correctly on hd install. Good luck.

I was having similar issues. By using the sites search function, I was lead to this thread:

hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/backtrack-4-howto/23753-how-install-bt4-dualboot-xp-your-hdd-without-vmware-dvd-disk.html

Follow what 'Phillyblonds1979' says in the thread and you should be good to go.