Thread: Intel Wifi Link 5100 AGN will not give me wlan0 in airmon-ng

Just burned his ISO

Cool Intel Wifi Link 5100 AGN will not give me wlan0 in airmon-ng

i use vmware and tryed changing between the 3 network types via vmware. i can't figure out what is wrong or if a driver is missing. itryed to start getting into my network with airmon-ng to get my interface but it does not show up. none do. but it should show up as wlan0

in VM you can use only external wireless cards (USB)

please use "search" option in the future

btw. even if you would install BackTrack to HDD you couldn't crack WEP of you AP because Intel 5100 is not supported properly... use "search" and you will find out more

Just burned his ISO

yes i can i found a patch

Just burned his ISO

That's good of you. What/where is the patch? I'm having the same problem. I couldn't find anything to fix it, but if you found one, let me know.

btw: good thing I used the search feature :P

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by blstouter View Post
    i use vmware and tryed changing between the 3 network types via vmware. i can't figure out what is wrong or if a driver is missing. itryed to start getting into my network with airmon-ng to get my interface but it does not show up. none do. but it should show up as wlan0
    Can you post your Ifconfig and and iwconfig results? whats your host OS and machine description? give us as much info as you can.