Thread: wireless question

Just burned his ISO

Default wireless question

I'm new to Backtrack 4. I'm running BackTrack 4 Persistent on a 8GB USB with full disk encryption. It's really not that bad. I have been tinkering with it, I have been able to exploit my WEP connection in my house and was how shocked that took. But neither the less, I am using a Dell Inspirion 1501 using a Dell Wireless 1390 which is the BCM4311. It works perfectly for being able to inject and monitor. The only thing I am not able to do is get it to connect to the internet. Networks show up in Wicd Manager but I enter the key for the network and hit connect and it doesn't really do anything.

My question is,
    Is there something I am doing wrong or something that I need to do to be able to surf the net? I appreciate it.

Default Re: wireless question

Quote Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
    I'm new to Backtrack 4. I'm running BackTrack 4 Persistent on a 8GB USB with full disk encryption. It's really not that bad. I have been tinkering with it, I have been able to exploit my WEP connection in my house and was how shocked that took. But neither the less, I am using a Dell Inspirion 1501 using a Dell Wireless 1390 which is the BCM4311. It works perfectly for being able to inject and monitor. The only thing I am not able to do is get it to connect to the internet. Networks show up in Wicd Manager but I enter the key for the network and hit connect and it doesn't really do anything.

My question is,
    Is there something I am doing wrong or something that I need to do to be able to surf the net? I appreciate it.
    Did you follow the 'how to start networking thread in the 'how to section?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: wireless question

Yes, I did. Nothing in there helped. I set it to ndiswrapper and entered my WPA code and it blinks the WLAN light and then nothing, still says not connected.