Thread: WRT54G and other cards

Just burned his ISO

Default WRT54G and other cards

I heard Windows driver compatability with exploitation software sucks.

Im using Inspiron 530
    E7200 3GBRAM
    BT3final from USB

Getting my PC to recognize WRT54G v8 as if it were a wireless card.
    I have firmware flashed currently DD-WRT micro.

Is the router compatible with the tools on the distro?
    Ive read it should be possible to put the router into promisc mode, and perform most functions.
    Where are the drivers I should need?

You are probably thinking of the WRT54GL as the versions of the WRT54G after v4 use Vxworks and thus must use a micro version of DD-WRT which is limited.

Given you are not elaborating on the tool you are trying to use with your WRT, it is hard to figure out what you are trying to do. Are you trying to use it as a drone with kismet? If so, there are many tutorials around.

Just burned his ISO

I DO mean WRT54G and I do have the micro DD-WRT flashed.
    I would like to first make sure that BT3 final is able to recognize the router as a valid device, and as such am asking if it needs some driver which is specially built for this distro of linux.
    Not using any tool yet.
    I have also seen the tutorials for kismet drone, but not in the backtrack environment, so I am working with the easier stuff first.

Quote Originally Posted by xxXen0xx View Post
    I DO mean WRT54G and I do have the micro DD-WRT flashed.
    I would like to first make sure that BT3 final is able to recognize the router as a valid device, and as such am asking if it needs some driver which is specially built for this distro of linux.
    Not using any tool yet.
    I have also seen the tutorials for kismet drone, but not in the backtrack environment, so I am working with the easier stuff first.
    No, backtrack will not see ANY wifi router as a wifi card. You have to run whatever app you want to run from the router. AFAIK dd-wrt micro doesn't have enough room to install kismet. Kismet drone works with anything running kismet, even windows.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69