Thread: BT4PF on macbook pro(1,1) wep cracking works internet dosent

Just burned his ISO

Question BT4PF on macbook pro(1,1) wep cracking works internet dosent

greetings all
    Thanks for stopping by to lend a hand I appreciate it so much
    ok so heres the problem as I was saying I can WEP crack with aircrack-ng and iwconfig can see my wireless card as wlan0 but for some reason there is no internet connection or ability for me to upgrade or install software. now for the tricky techie part I'm running a dual boot on a Macbook Pro(1,1) specs viewable through mactracker (I can post them though if that helps) on setup I used disk utility to partition a 10 gb root and a 1 gb swap then moved over to my live cd used the install script set my partition manually and changed root password after install. and I did read the how to written for a newer version of the mbp with the beta but sense the final has an install script it was written in a way that it messes with the script and i just got lost.

thanks in advance for any help
    theabcasian

Just burned his ISO

ok am I crazy or is nobody touching this one with a ten foot pole just a status update we got internet working by adding a file that was missing but then the file was lost when updated

The reason no one is touching it, is that installing backtrack to macs has always been a hit or miss exercise in frustration. I'm probably one of the biggest mac geeks around here and I still don't try it. It's just too big a pain in the ass to deal with it. Compatible x86 based normal laptops can be found for a couple hundred dollars. Even though Apple has gone intel, their hardware still isn't 100% x86 linux compatible.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

I found it a lot easier to just get a copy of fusion and throw in a USB wifi card.

Works just as well, less headaches, everything is compatible.