Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: While coding or pentesting, what music do you listen to?

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    No wonder no one will hire me! I guess I should stop listing to slayer at 110 db while on site with clients
    hilarious

While coding I prefer something that calms me down... like old boring Jack Johnson. And even then I really want to smash my computer sometimes
    Auswaertsspiel

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaKahuna View Post
    AC/DC, Alabama, Willie Nelson, Led Zepplin, Pink Flyod, Emmerson, Lake and Palmer, Uriah Heep, Garth Brooks, Statler Brothers, etc. Whatever happens to be on my iPod or laptop.
    Now that's a play list from gospel to the supposed ( in some peoples minds) Anti-Christ/ Devil's Child.
    A nice all round selection DaKahuna.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    80 more db and you could be a jet engine!! Let me tell you, being under an F-15 and getting your hard shells knocked off sucks! Freaking loud!
    That's all fun and games until said hard shell gets sucked into the intake...
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

I wonder if "what is your favourite music" is the question to recover your password on your yahoo or gmail account... :-D

No music on client site! When working from home, it highly depends on the mood I am in: hardrock, R&B,... or , as right now, working in the garden listening to the birds' songs...

prowl3r

Listening to music while pen testing isn't exactly going to impress the client with your professional demeanor.
    Very professional indeed and a nice advice. I am with Barry however as it is supposed to be a results oriented task. In fact, I don't want to see the client around while at work. Having said that, I understand not everybody would be in a position to do it this way.

Just burned his ISO

i mainly stick to area 38 on sirius or any trance progressive podcast

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    80 more db and you could be a jet engine!! Let me tell you, being under an F-15 and getting your hard shells knocked off sucks! Freaking loud!
    I can only imagine. Try a B-52G (now in the boneyard) on run-up while testing the water injection system. Had to use plugs AND hard shells. Lotsa vibration to go with it.
    Beware the fury of a patient man.

Just burned his ISO

Woah, ok.. so we're getting a little off-topic here.

Regarding it being "unprofessional" to listen to music while pentesting: Firstly, not all clients are with pentesters the entire time they're pentesting, not to mention certain tasks are done off-site on occassion.

Secondly and to hopefully put the thread back on track, I'm actually only interested in the music people listen to while coding - I just said "coding/pentesting" as I'm sure there are many here who don't code on a very regular basis. I'm mainly interested in what music you listen to while you work that doesn't break concentration, or - even better - helps you concentrate.

Quote Originally Posted by m0zzie View Post
    Woah, ok.. so we're getting a little off-topic here.

Regarding it being "unprofessional" to listen to music while pentesting: Firstly, not all clients are with pentesters the entire time they're pentesting, not to mention certain tasks are done off-site on occassion.

Secondly and to hopefully put the thread back on track, I'm actually only interested in the music people listen to while coding - I just said "coding/pentesting" as I'm sure there are many here who don't code on a very regular basis. I'm mainly interested in what music you listen to while you work that doesn't break concentration, or - even better - helps you concentrate.
    You are right that not all tasks are done on site, and if you're in the privacy of your own office, then by all means listen to whatever you want. As far as being on site, if you want to be taken seriously as a professional, you act professional whether on not a client is in the room with you. However, even if you're alone and you start acting like one of the 20-something kids in the mail room, the client will note it, and word will get around.

As far as what I listen to, it can be classical (Bach & Beethoven mainly) to rock, to the occasional techno. Anything but country.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    As far as what I listen to, it can be classical (Bach & Beethoven mainly) to rock, to the occasional techno. Anything but country.
    Yup that's basically me too, I put my full tunes list on random and listen to almost anything Classical, Jazz, Swing, Blues, Rock, Pop, Top40, Movie/Show Tunes, comedy reals, cartoon stuff (i.e.: Animaniacs) ... anything goes (except the few country songs my wife has on my system).
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by G@rg0yle View Post
    I can only imagine. Try a B-52G (now in the boneyard) on run-up while testing the water injection system. Had to use plugs AND hard shells. Lotsa vibration to go with it.
    Yea, the foamies stayed in place. Most of my jacket stayed in place too. I had caught it on a fin of a 500lb bomb at EOR pulling pins. Cut a nice slice down the back, also cut my bdu shirt. Luckily I was going towards the back of the plane, so when they went bouncing they fell behind the mains. It's pretty cool standing about a hundred feet away from F-15's and F-16's doing full burner combat take offs.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast