Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intel 4965AGN (Lenovo T61)

skyfx.

You must be getting excited. Getting close now.

Maybe reboot to start fresh.

Then kill NetworkManger or wicd. Usually, right click and turn off.

Then do airmon-ng for the channel your AP is on. You should have mon0 now. Pay special attention to this command. You must have airmon-ng ON THE CHANNEL your AP is on.

Start airodump-ng on the channel your AP is on. Use mon0. DO NOT CHANNEL HOP. Be on the channel your AP is on.

Do wpa_supplicant with wlan0

Now attack with aireplay-ng -3 mon0

Enjoy.

And, report your success.

Open champagne.

Help others on the forum.

A

Just burned his ISO

Champagne would be nice, especially considering it's my birthday today! Unfortunately killing NetworkManager before starting airmon-ng and starting airmon-ng on the AP's channel, which are the only 2 bases which I had not previously covered, did not solve my problem ...still a no-go on the injection side of things.

Wow. I thought you were home free.

Not sure where you are going wrong. When you have airodump-ng going, is it on one channel or is it channel hopping? Make sure it is not channel hopping but on the same channel as your AP.

Otherwise, I hope others can give you some suggestions or you can read some more threads, or you can continue testing and learning...........and at some point you will have a "ahhhhh...so that's it!" moment.

All the best & good luck,

A

Just burned his ISO

Yea, I run airodump-ng only on the channel of the router in question (using the -c operand) and it does not channel hop. At this point I'm pretty much clueless too. It seems like I've done everything right but it just doesn't want to work for me. Some things are just not meant to be I guess :P. I'll try it some more but I've pretty much come to terms with my destiny lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123