Thread: Safe installation BT4 beta XP

Just burned his ISO

Default Safe installation BT4 beta XP

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can give me a link or an exact procedure how to install BT4 beta on my notebook.

I know, that this question might be boring to lot of people, because there are lots of installation guides. I did search google and this forum. But I couldn't find an installation guide as I need it (doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, perhaps I'm just too stupid to fin it...).

I have win xp already installed on my notebook in 1 partition and i have 25 G space left on the HD. I downloaded the BT4 beta ISO and burnt it to DVD. I can boot from it.

Now, how do I install BT? I'd like to create 3 partitions, by keeping my xin xp partition and how to configure lilo afterwards, that win xp starts by default?

Thx!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_1 View Post
    I wonder if anyone can give me a link or an exact procedure how to install BT4 beta on my notebook.
    There as you noted in your post several guides, pick one and use it to suit your needs.
    A guide is something that offers basic information or instructions.
    What you are looking for a "step by step/ someone do it for me" is not offered here.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    There as you noted in your post several guides, pick one and use it to suit your needs.
    A guide is something that offers basic information or instructions.
    What you are looking for a "step by step/ someone do it for me" is not offered here.
    ok, and that means that you wouldn't even give me a hint which how to do i should refer to? nice attitude...

i know the basics but i do not know how to do it exactly...

ok, how can i create the 3 partitions then? i boot frome the live cd, i am in the shell... what then? as i mentionned, i have approximately 25 G of free (unpartitioned) space... i'd like to have a partition for the os and tools, one for data and of yourse a swap partition... how do i do that without killing my existing partition and what size schould the partitions have?

thx