Thread: WEP Cracking problem

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default WEP Cracking problem

I am using spoonwep to try and crack a WEP access point I know how to crack WEP. This access point has a power of 12 to 14, which I think is weak. There are two associated clients. Using atheros chipset in monitor mode max injection rate. Frag. and forge attack. At first the ivs were extremely slow. Then I continuously deauth the two clients then there are some weak ivs being generated, but still slow. I am getting 1500 weak ivs an hour. Any ideas on how to speed up the process.

Any chance to get closer to the AP? Or, try using an external antena.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Just burned his ISO

no I currently do not have an external antenna, and I can't get any closer.

just had another look at the OP. You've got 2 clients associated. So, try -3 attack instead of -4 or -5 and deauth one of the client (with -0). See how it goes.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Just burned his ISO

so if there are no clients associated I could use the fake_authentication attack and once I have done that I could put my mac adress after the -h tag in the ARP Replay attack since I am now associated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymac94 View Post
    so if there are no clients associated I could use the fake_authentication attack and once I have done that I could put my mac adress after the -h tag in the ARP Replay attack since I am now associated.
    yeap thats how its is
    ITS ABOUT THE INTELLECTUAL CHALLENGE. THE FORBIDDEN KNOWLEDGE.:D