Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Backtrack 4 Hawking Hwug1

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO zenial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15

    Talking Backtrack 4 Hawking Hwug1

    Ive used both backtrack2 and 3 and both seem to have alittle bit of configuration to do .will this be fixed in backtrack 4?..

  2. #2
    Junior Member JoeleZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zenial View Post
    Ive used both backtrack2 and 3 and both seem to have alittle bit of configuration to do .will this be fixed in backtrack 4?..
    what is that configuration ? nothing specify then how can people from BT4 team answering you.

    Regards,
    JoeleZ

  3. #3
    Just burned his ISO zenial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default =)

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeleZ View Post
    what is that configuration ? nothing specify then how can people from BT4 team answering you.

    Regards,
    JoeleZ
    the configurations that i need to do are changing its transmit rate and bringing it up..the steps that i need to do are

    iwconfig rausb0 rate 1M

    ifconfig rausb0 up

  4. #4
    Just burned his ISO zenial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeleZ View Post
    what is that configuration ? nothing specify then how can people from BT4 team answering you.

    Regards,
    JoeleZ
    Well i have to lower its rate when using "aireplay-ng"
    and i have to do iwconfig rausb0 up..
    my real question is this gonna be automatic?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zenial View Post
    Well i have to lower its rate when using "aireplay-ng"
    and i have to do iwconfig rausb0 up..
    my real question is this gonna be automatic?

    Well.... you could modify the /etc/rc.local file to contain the steps you want to follow.

    this /etc/rc.local file is 'executed' at startup... so if you put your commands into this file: e.g.

    ifconfig rausb0 down
    iwconfig rausb0 rate 1M
    macchanger -r rausb0
    ifconfig rausb0 up

    It will happen whilst Backtrack is starting up. Which is nice.

    Thats kind of automatic.

  6. #6
    Just burned his ISO zenial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15

    Thumbs up =)

    WOW! Thanks alot you just saved me a couple of steps =)..
    ITS ABOUT THE INTELLECTUAL CHALLENGE. THE FORBIDDEN KNOWLEDGE.:D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •