Thread: No Backtrack works for me!

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question No Backtrack works for me!

I have downloaded every BackTrack from remote-exploit.com, burned all of the ISO's to a CD, made sure the CD's were bootable and checked the boot order. For BackTrack 1, 2, and 4 Beta, it just goes to a black screen with a flashing line on the top left corner. For Backtrack 3, it's usually the same thing, but one time, I got to the login screen, but it wouldn't accept the default "root" "toor" username and password. Could anybody tell me why none of the backtracks will work on my computer please?!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DWick180 View Post
    I have downloaded every BackTrack from remote-exploit.com, burned all of the ISO's to a CD, made sure the CD's were bootable and checked the boot order. For BackTrack 1, 2, and 4 Beta, it just goes to a black screen with a flashing line on the top left corner. For Backtrack 3, it's usually the same thing, but one time, I got to the login screen, but it wouldn't accept the default "root" "toor" username and password. Could anybody tell me why none of the backtracks will work on my computer please?!
    Thanks!
    did you already check the md5 sums of all backtracks that you download ?

Regards,
    JoeleZ

Quote Originally Posted by DWick180 View Post
    Thanks!
    I had the same problem with a compac presario. My solution was to use unetbootin to install the iso onto a usb flash drive.When you boot from the drive choose the default option. Also when downloading iso's use torrent clients.
    HP DV7
    8GB DDR3
    Core i7-720QM
    Nvidia GeForce GT 320M

BT5-64bit x WIN7-64bit DualBoot

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordPlagus View Post
    Also when downloading iso's use torrent clients.
    Not a smart idea. Better to download something from the actual source instead of a torrent. Not to mention even as a download manager it can cause problems.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Not to mention even as a download manager it can cause problems.
    It's right, only when someone pause it and resume it. if it's never paused or dc or something else that make the download stopped, than hope it's okay. when i'm downloading all BT iso, i'm using flashget in wi****s some time i use the pause function, but all the md5 sums always correct. The first thing to do after downloading is check the md5.

DWick180 maybe doesn't even care about the md5 sums, but it's necessary.
    Although he download 4 of BT iso and no one have the right md5sums ? hm.....
    Maybe the problem deeper than md5sums. or maybe just the installation that goes wrong. Dwick180 doesn't answering this post yet. Maybe we should wait for more information from him.

like archangel told, it's not better idea to download the iso using torrent.

Regards,
    JoeleZ

Maybe you could tell us which hardware you try to run BT on, we could help you out.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá