Thread: Google Chrome on BT4 pre final

Default Google Chrome on BT4 pre final

Just tried out Google Chrome on BT4 pre final and I'd like to let you know that it's definitely worth trying. While it's still in beta (and lack flash support) it's very FAST and works great here. In case you wanna try, download the deb package here and install it with
    Code:
    dpkg -i google-chrome-unstable_current_i386.deb
    This will automatically setup the Google repository for further updates.

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

I dunno if I'd be mad about using a Google-made webbrowser. The Google website used to be a nice, simple little search engine, but now it's grown vines and it wants to be a part of everything you do... plus I'm not mad about how they share information for their Google ads service. I stay away from Google now to be honest, I only use it for searching and I don't let it keep any cookies.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    I dunno if I'd be mad about using a Google-made webbrowser. The Google website used to be a nice, simple little search engine, but now it's grown vines and it wants to be a part of everything you do... plus I'm not mad about how they share information for their Google ads service. I stay away from Google now to be honest, I only use it for searching and I don't let it keep any cookies.
    But their motto is "Don't be evil"! They can't be bad!
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

prowl3r

Agree with Virchanza.

Google products are not for security-conscious folks. Neither for hackers.

(Advanced operators search being the exception)

Have a look at

ww.privacyinternational.org/article.shtml?cmd[347]=x-347-553961

A bit outdated but you may get the picture.

Just burned his ISO

mhe im going to stick with opera and firefox for the mean time. and i also agree with virchanza.
    Im sick of google ads everywhere
    personally i use altavista and yahoo for search engines > <
    bing sucks btw
    I aint crazy just a lil mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    Yeah, pretty soon it could very well be:

"I just lost a sh*t ton of money on my car insurance by searching with Google"

:^\
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Have you seen the newspaper today?

Code:
    MAN CONVICTED
    OF MURDER
    BECAUSE HE
    GOOGLE'D
    STRANGULATION
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".