Thread: Metasploit connection problem

Just burned his ISO

Question Metasploit connection problem

So I am very new to pen tests, and I have a server I set up quite a while ago.
    I want to see the capability of Metasploit, but I keep getting this error when I execute the "exploit" command:
    Code:
    [-] Exploit failed: Cannot assign requested address - bind(2)
    What's wrong?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Freak View Post
    What's wrong?
    Lack of information on the exploit you are using.
    Lack of target info.
    Is the target susceptible to this exploit?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Lack of information on the exploit you are using.
    Lack of target info.
    Is the target susceptible to this exploit?
    Very true, im just guessing but your LPORT is 80?
    I would rather be hated for what i am,
    Then loved for what i am not.

like archangel.amael said, not enough info. Did you set the correct RHOST and LHOSTs? what exploit and payload are you using? are you sure the server is exploitable using said exploit?

Quote Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
    i know this may seem mean but i see what you are doing be carefull buddy your taking a risk there.
    Unless you have some sort of ability to read minds I don't see how you can tell what the OP's intentions are. The only thing I can tell from his post is that he doesn't know how to use Metasploit...

I also don't see any evidence to suggest he hasn't followed the forum rules (other than maybe not searching before posting)

@OP

Find a basic usage guide for Metasploit on the Net or on the forums here and read that, and then read the Metasploit documentation - this should give you enough information to understand the basic usage of Metasploit. I think the most likely cause for your problem is that you haven't specified a local address or port correctly (LHOST or LPORT), but its hard to tell without more information about what you're doing.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
    i know this may seem mean but i see what you are doing be carefull buddy your taking a risk there. and im sure if you were out right no one here would help you ps...yes she is cheating on you sorry but trying to hack her laptop wont help you by the way you going about it all wrong....and update your anti virus and stop playing with prorat and sub7 servers lol you send those parts not open them there are garbage.. now days.... your a long way off rookie......please read the rules.........
    What are you like 12 or something?
    Stop spamming with this useless garbage like the other posts you have made lately. No one wants to read it. And don't bother posting back it's a rhetorical question.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.