Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intel 5100 injection problem

Just burned his ISO

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by _DoS_ View Post
    intel 5100 BT4 recognises the card and if you start it with airmon-ng and check it with aireplay-ng -9 command it shows that the card is injecting. But this isnt very true (yes the card is injecting but only to a certian point then it stops,and only can go in monitor mode and listens to data but not injecting).. Every time i do a auth -1 with aireplay-ng on the AP the card stops injecting. After a lot of reading i finely got it workig and it is a simple solution.

by Hallucynogenyc

http :// www .aircrack-ng. org / doku. php ? id = iwlagn

jump to the compat wireless section (when choosing the version on the compat wireless webpage, select the first one (there's 30, 32 and 35 or similar, so the 30), I don't know if others work too but this one works for me 100%.

it only works with "wlan0" and a really important thing about these intel cards is the distance... the distance really does affects the injection. Try to get the strongest signal befor injecting.

Commands to run :
    First run BT4 from your Usb, HDD or whatever and put the .tar file in your home directory then open a console and :

cd ~
    tar xjf compat-wireless-2.6.tar.bz2 (asuming you have downloaded comapt-wireless form the link provided)
    cd compat-wireless-2009*
    make -j4
    make unload (root)
    make install (root)
    exho options iwlagn swcrypto=1 >> /etc/modprobe.d/options (root)
    make load (root)

You are set to go.
    Thanks voor the info. It helped me a great deal. damn intel cards.
    i just can't make any sense of the
    --exho options iwlagn swcrypto=1 \\ etc/modprobe.d/options--
    i didn't use it but it worked even without that line
    why do you have to use it and what does it mean...
    And thanks again for the info and the work...

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by _DoS_ View Post
    intel 5100 BT4 recognises the card and if you start it with airmon-ng and check it with aireplay-ng -9 command it shows that the card is injecting. But this isnt very true (yes the card is injecting but only to a certian point then it stops,and only can go in monitor mode and listens to data but not injecting).. Every time i do a auth -1 with aireplay-ng on the AP the card stops injecting. After a lot of reading i finely got it workig and it is a simple solution.

by Hallucynogenyc

http :// www .aircrack-ng. org / doku. php ? id = iwlagn

jump to the compat wireless section (when choosing the version on the compat wireless webpage, select the first one (there's 30, 32 and 35 or similar, so the 30), I don't know if others work too but this one works for me 100%.

it only works with "wlan0" and a really important thing about these intel cards is the distance... the distance really does affects the injection. Try to get the strongest signal befor injecting.

Commands to run :
    First run BT4 from your Usb, HDD or whatever and put the .tar file in your home directory then open a console and :

cd ~
    tar xjf compat-wireless-2.6.tar.bz2 (asuming you have downloaded comapt-wireless form the link provided)
    cd compat-wireless-2009*
    make -j4
    make unload (root)
    make install (root)
    exho options iwlagn swcrypto=1 >> /etc/modprobe.d/options (root)
    make load (root)

You are set to go.
    Hey, im pretty new to BT (First installed it a few hours ago), and I got the same problem as Keeley.
    could you please make a "noob friendly" (Very noob friendly if possible) step by step guide?

that would help me alot

Quote Originally Posted by Licious View Post
    Hey, im pretty new to BT (First installed it a few hours ago), and I got the same problem as Keeley.
    could you please make a "noob friendly" (Very noob friendly if possible) step by step guide?

that would help me alot
    You attempted to post this three times, stop doing that. You need to wait for your posts to be approved during your first three days here.

Also, this is a forum for an Advanced Linux distribution, and we don't spoonfeed. Try out whats suggested in some of the other posts in this thread and search the forum and the Internet for other solutions before posting back.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

sorry, i didnt know.. i tought my browser was bug'd

okay, thx

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Licious View Post
    sorry, i didnt know.. i tought my browser was bug'd

okay, thx
    That's because you didn't read the rules you agreed to when you signed up.
    I would suggest you do that as well, as what is mentioned by Lupin.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks _DoS_! Just what I was looking for. My intel 5100 works perfectly now.

For those woundering about the "exho" line. The "x" is right beside the "c"... Its "echo"

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadaBoom View Post
    Thanks _DoS_! Just what I was looking for. My intel 5100 works perfectly now.

For those woundering about the "exho" line. The "x" is right beside the "c"... Its "echo"

NP.. I am glad i could be of some help..
    And edited "c" instead of 'x" sorry.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]If you wait to do everything until you are sure it`s right, you`ll probably never do much of anything.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Just burned his ISO

Hi, I am a noob, too. I have BT4 pre final install on hard disk, I used dual boot Window 7 (sda1) and Backtrack 4 (sda7). I copy vmlinuz-* and initrd.img-* to C:\ to Backtrack 4 can boot.
    My kernel is 2.6.30.7. My problem with 5100 agn (Lenovo Y450) is:
    After update kernel (2.6.29.4), I can not use
    Code:
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -a bssid -h mybssid wlan0
    It always shows:
    Code:
    Sending Authentication Request (Open System) [ACK]

and error, when I try to use aireplay-ng --test wlan0 it shows No Answers Found 3 aps. Next, I try to use aireplay-ng -3 -b bssid -h mymac wlan0 it shows no ARP, no ACK, no send and 0 pps.

After I update kernel to current (2.6.30.7), it can show OK for the first time I use command:
    Code:
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -a bssid -h mybssid wlan0
    after that, I use :
    Code:
    aireplay-ng -3 -b bssid -h mymac wlan0
    it show 0 ARP, 0 ACK, 0 sent packet and 0 pps like before.

And I found this topic, but I can't do following the sugestion. I downloaded the packet, but when I use : make -j4, make unload, make install, make load it shows the same error:
    Code:
    root@bt:~/compat-wireless-2.6.30# make -j4
    /bin/sh: line 0: test: -ge: unary operator expected
    ./scripts/gen-compat-autoconf.sh config.mk > include/linux/compat_autoconf.h
    make -C /lib/modules/2.6.30.7/build M=/root/compat-wireless-2.6.30 modules
    make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.30.7/build: No such file or directory.  Stop.
    make: *** [modules] Error 2
    After one day, I test my card again, now it show :
    Code:
    Read NNN packets (got abc ARP requests and 0 ACKs), sents xyz packets ... (500 pps)
    Packet's read and sent are so many and increase quickly, but the ACKs always 0, and ARP packet increase too slowly ( about 1 packet / second). And I test in IBM X31 that test successfully with Backtrack 4 Beta, It's show like that, read and sent packet increase quickly, but ARP about 1 /second and ACKs is always 0. I try to test my Intel 5100 card, it's show Injection working for the first command and the first AP found, after that, it show :
    Code:
    root@bt:~# aireplay-ng --test wlan0
    For information, no action required: Using gettimeofday() instead of /dev/rtc
    07:09:29  Trying broadcast probe requests...
    07:09:29  Injection is working!
    07:09:31  Found 3 APs

07:09:31  Trying directed probe requests...
    07:09:31  00:18:3F:D6:F2:91 - channel: 6 - 'Hi'
    07:09:34  Ping (min/avg/max): 1.392ms/4.991ms/14.415ms Power: -74.67
    07:09:34  15/30:  50%

07:09:34  00:22:6B:EC:22:40 - channel: 6 - 'TRUONG-LINH'
    07:09:40   0/30:   0%

07:09:40  00:21:27:FA:E5:38 - channel: 6 - 'TP-LINK_FAE538'
    07:09:46   0/30:   0%

root@bt:~# aireplay-ng --test wlan0
    For information, no action required: Using gettimeofday() instead of /dev/rtc
    07:09:55  Trying broadcast probe requests...
    07:09:57  No Answer...
    07:09:57  Found 3 APs

07:09:57  Trying directed probe requests...
    07:09:57  00:21:27:FA:E5:38 - channel: 6 - 'TP-LINK_FAE538'
    07:10:03   0/30:   0%

07:10:03  00:22:6B:EC:22:40 - channel: 6 - 'TRUONG-LINH'
    07:10:09   0/30:   0%

07:10:09  00:18:3F:D6:F2:91 - channel: 6 - 'Hi'
    07:10:15   0/30:   0%
    Somebody help me! Plz,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12