Thread: Ubiquiti SR71 USB (AR9170)

Hybrid View

Default Ubiquiti SR71 USB (AR9170)

Not supported in Pre-Final.

I spent quite a bit of time trying to get this to work for a friend of mine, and wound up building from the Wireless-Testing git (John Linville tree) and also went through the process of compiling the ar9170 firmware (you have to build a 1.2GB set of compilers for the firmware).

I was able to get the card in monitor mode, as well as inject, BUT after a few seconds of it in monitor mode (running airodump-ng), it locks up the system, with no kernel messages whatsoever indicating the reason.

If anyone else has this card and would like to have a crack at getting it to work, feel free to post here if you would like me to attach the firmware I compiled for it (it will save you a LOT of time and ~1.2GB of drive space).
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

I asked this guy if his driver will work with the SR71, but he didn't really give a sufficient answer.

(sorry, i can't post links just yet. so here it is unlinked.)

http://www.feelingfly.com/drivers/tp-link-wn821n-ar9170-driver-for-bt4.html

Give it a whirl and let us know if it works, yeah? I'm very interested in buying this card, but I want to make sure it will work flawlessly with Backtrack before I get it. I may wind up just getting that 500mW Alfa that everyone's always talking about if I can't get a definite answer on the SR71.

Default sr71 beta tester

hi wyze,

i do have the sr71 MIMO cardbus version and struggling the last 8 weeks to get
    it working, but without success and breaking my whole bt4.

I would appreciate to get your driver and to test it and share my results!

my card details:
    Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR922X Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)

all i get from the bt4-pre-finale ath9k driver (unfortunately CONFIG_ATH9K_DEBUG is not set in kernel, therefore don't have more output)

ath9k 0000:06:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
    ath9k 0000:06:00.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 16
    ath9k 0000:06:00.0: PCI INT A disabled

peace & thx,
    brtw2003

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by wyze View Post
    I was able to get the card in monitor mode, as well as inject, BUT after a few seconds of it in monitor mode (running airodump-ng), it locks up the system, with no kernel messages whatsoever indicating the reason.

If anyone else has this card and would like to have a crack at getting it to work, feel free to post here if you would like me to attach the firmware I compiled for it (it will save you a LOT of time and ~1.2GB of drive space).
    I realize this is quite the shot in the dark, but you wouldn't happen to still have those firmware drivers anymore? I noticed this post on the aircrack-ng.org site:

forum.aircrack-ng.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=a814661114f93737d1ac1cb6d78ece 66&topic=5552.0]wn821n (ar9170) driver for BT4 beta

(sorry first post)

It seems that you made this, as at least your stories are fairly similar. It just seems to be a pretty daunting task compiling the 1.2GB toolchain just for the firmware.

I appreciate any help you might provide.

update to latest bt4 pre-finale, like
    Code:
    apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade

Ubiquity Card is working out of the box...