Thread: how instal pigdin on back track4

Just burned his ISO

Default how instal pigdin on back track4

hey hello friend_i'm newbie_how instal pigdin in back track 4

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

My guess would be:

Code:
    apt-get install pidgin
    I'm using a Windoze computer at work right now so I can't try it out.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    My guess would be:

Code:
    apt-get install pidgin
    I'm using a Windoze computer at work right now so I can't try it out.
    That will work. Though why you'd want an instant messaging client on a penetration testing machine is beyond me.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by cR0t_ View Post
    hey hello friend_i'm newbie_how instal pigdin in back track 4
    Yum... can you explain your signature before I delete it?

Google translate says that it says this:

enjoy its poignant love

enjoying his cold heart

male-lonely

Which I am not all that excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Yum... can you explain your signature before I delete it?

Google translate says that it says this:

enjoy its poignant love

enjoying his cold heart

male-lonely

Which I am not all that excited about.
    I'm really hoping something is lost in translation.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

It appears to be song lyrics.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    That will work. Though why you'd want an instant messaging client on a penetration testing machine is beyond me.
    There's loads of people who do pentesting as a hobby, and wanna have Backtrack4 as their main OS.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

There's loads of people who do pentesting as a hobby, and wanna have Backtrack4 as their main OS.
    Ya because there's no logic in using a daily use OS for ummm daily use, when you can use a specialized distro for something other than what it's meant for.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just because something has a particular intended purpose, doesn't mean that it doesn't suit other purposes well. I mean look at a hammer, it was designed for knocking nails into wood but it's pretty damn effective at smashing people skulls open too Chainsaws are great fun too

I've said for a long time that Backtrack works better as a LiveCD than any other distro, no problems with networking or with sound or anything like that. Also it isn't set in "Retard Mode" when you first boot it up (unlike Ubuntu).

Backtrack is now a fully-fledged Linux system, it has all the stuff you need: Linux kernel, bash, KDE... there's no reason why it can't be used for doing everything that a Linux computer can do.

I remember when I had Xubuntu as my main OS, it always pissed me off that there was some stuff I couldn't do which I could do in Backtrack.

Anyway, since Backtrack is now a fully-fledged distro with an installer and "apt-get" and all that, looks like I've won the argument Na na na na naaaaaaaaa na!

Really though I'd hazard a guess that there's more people using Backtrack as a hobby than there are people using it for professional purposes.

So with that said, let the man have his Pidgin!

Just because something has a particular intended purpose, doesn't mean that it doesn't suit other purposes well. I mean look at a hammer, it was designed for knocking nails into wood but it's pretty damn effective at smashing people skulls open too Chainsaws are great fun too
    Yup and how many hitmen/assassins use hammers? I'm guessing close to zero.

Maybe I have a warped understanding of "hobby" but to me hobbyists are more likely to use a USB install or LiveCD than a full install which they intent to use as their daily use OS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast