Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Macbook pro's Wifi card not working with BT4

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Macbook pro's Wifi card not working with BT4

Hi,

I have installed Backtrack 4 on my Macbook pro (5.1) with VMWare Fusion. My wifi card reference is Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (driver version : 5.10.91.19).
    BT4 runs very well but my card is not recognized. I keep on searching on internet but I can't find out how to make it be recognized and work.
    What do I have to do?

Need help! Please.

Default Re: Macbook pro's Wifi card not working with BT4

In virtual machines you will need USB wlan device.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacky Chan View Post
    Hi,

I have installed Backtrack 4 on my Macbook pro (5.1) with VMWare Fusion. My wifi card reference is Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (driver version : 5.10.91.19).
    BT4 runs very well but my card is not recognized. I keep on searching on internet but I can't find out how to make it be recognized and work.
    What do I have to do?

Need help! Please.
    Where the hell is that big flashy banner???

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Where the hell is that big flashy banner???
    You mean the one that says "PLEASE READ THE FAQ AND SEARCH BEFORE POSTING!" and flashes so much it gives you seizures?

If only the <BLINK> worked on this forum.
    Common Knowledge: Username, "root". Password, "toor". "startx" gives you a GUI, and "fix-vesa" will fix BT if you have no GUI. Start networking with "/etc/init.d/networking start" and check your IP settings with "ifconfig -a". "dhclient" will automatically use DHCP for your IP. Google is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by micole View Post
    You mean the one that says "PLEASE READ THE FAQ AND SEARCH BEFORE POSTING!" and flashes so much it gives you seizures?

If only the <BLINK> worked on this forum.
    No, the one that says "Internal wifi doesn't work with Virtual Machines!" This question is a close second to "How do I crack my neighbor's WEP?".

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    No, the one that says "Internal wifi doesn't work with Virtual Machines!" This question is a close second to "How do I crack my neighbor's WEP?".
    I don't think any of those compare with the ones that ask "How do I getz monies from creit cards?!?!?!"

Either way, OP did you get that "Internal WiFi doesn't work in Virtual Machines"?... I hope through our joking nature the message was clear... If not check this link: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...-4-vmware.html. Found it in about... 6 seconds of searching? Hey and look, or own Barry is on that thread as well!
    Common Knowledge: Username, "root". Password, "toor". "startx" gives you a GUI, and "fix-vesa" will fix BT if you have no GUI. Start networking with "/etc/init.d/networking start" and check your IP settings with "ifconfig -a". "dhclient" will automatically use DHCP for your IP. Google is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by micole View Post
    I don't think any of those compare with the ones that ask "How do I getz monies from creit cards?!?!?!"

Either way, OP did you get that "Internal WiFi doesn't work in Virtual Machines"?... I hope through our joking nature the message was clear... If not check this link: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...-4-vmware.html. Found it in about... 6 seconds of searching? Hey and look, or own Barry is on that thread as well!
    Was I asking about a flashy banner??

Smile Re: Macbook pro's Wifi card not working with BT4

Let me go make you one really quick Barry...
    *Starts GIMP*
    *KrkkrkrkKRKKRKRKkrkkrghjkrhrk*
    *WHHHHHIIIIRRRR*
    *Shotgun Cocking*
    *BANG*
    ... *Sigh*... Barry, Its not really flashy, but it gets the job done... Hope you enjoy it, I had to get out the welding gun to make it, and then I had to put down one of my computers to process it... (I had to shoot it with a shotgun...)

PS: Yes I was trying to make sound effects. I was only joking with the welding and shotgun, no my computer didn't actually die... Just to be clear to anyone who cant take a joke.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Yeah but it doesn't flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel.Amael View Post
    Yeah but it doesn't flash.
    If only I knew how to make it flash... Does anyone else want to give the banner a shot?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast