Thread: aireplay-ng --test with bad results

Just burned his ISO

Default aireplay-ng --test with bad results

I have BT4 running via live CD on a Lenovo T-61 and I run a aireplay-ng --test and I get a message that say the injection is working but all the test are getting between 30-60%..
    From what I have read in my searches is that this should computer should work..

Now for the other part.. If I try to use the wireless to hook to the internet it never shows the interface ,, however if go with an airmon-ng I show a Intel 4965/5xxx uwlagn.. Do I need to do something with the drivers maybe??

I have tried multiple wireless AP's and I am a network admin for the Telephone Co so I have about 12 different AP's in the office that I can test with. THEY ARE ALL UNDER MY PASSWORD AND I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR. But I have been trying to see how hard this is to hack because my higher ups think I am full of SH!T and I dont need to upgrade to the WPA2...
    Any help would be great.. Thanks..

I have also tried it on a Dell and the airmon showed and unknown or something like that so I just switched back to the Lenovo.

Thanks
    nathan

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: aireplay-ng --test with bad results

If you just want to show management that wpa or wep is insecure then grab anyone of the billions of sites, videos, or guides on wep and wpa even wpa2 being cracked.
    Here is one for instance Just How Secure Is Your WPA Encrypted Wireless Network? | Bauer-Power- Information is Power!
    If you want to use BT then you are going to (again ) find one of the aforementioned resources and start reading.

Just burned his ISO

Well I dont think that telling them is what is what I need to do. I want to prove that it is really not that hard.. My question to this form is not how to tell them, but better yet find out why my computer is not doing the aireplay-ng and getting a steady enough stream to run the attack on the AP... I know the steps and I can do it. My problem is that my computer is running 50% when I am trying to injext packets.

thanks

This again?
    People should start to make up some more scenarios other than
    1. I wan't to show my boss I can crack WEP/WPA
    2. This is for my school project

I am a network admin for the Telephone Co so I have about 12 different AP's in the office that I can test with.
    Sounds to me more like

I am in a flat in my building Co so I have about 12 different AP's in the neighborhood that I can test with.
    Some facts about network admins:
    1. Most of them have at least some experience with wireless auditing tools and knowledge on encryption and authentication mechanisms
    2. When asking for help they provide detail information and present some sort of insight on the problem they have
    3. Are eloquent and use better language than this: "But I have been trying to see how hard this is to hack because my higher ups think I am full of SH!T"
    4. Don't talk like that about their bosses (unless they're thinking about a career change)
    5. Ther's a lot more where you Sir just don't fit.

I'm raising the BS flag on this one.
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News

Just burned his ISO

Wow I didnt figure this would be one of those kind of forums where everyone needs to be a pro to be on it. I config routers and set up fiber links between locations, I dont figure that is enough to convince you. But I have multiple 2600, 3662 and a single 12006 router as our backbone. That is what I do by trade, I am not a cracker, honestly it would be alot easier from people like me if this kind of tools didnt exsist. All I am asking for is just a little help from people like you that crack wep. That is all I want. If you dont want to help I can find windows based programs that do the same thing. I was hoping to learn a little about the aircrack programs but if this is how you treat everyone then I can leave and you can all just be dicks to each other

thanks
    nathan