Thread: compiz and the backtrack-nvidia package

Hybrid View

Default compiz and the backtrack-nvidia package

has anyone tried installing the bt-nv package and running compiz-kde3 (and all the kde3 compiz apps from the repos)? first off - the usual compiz icon with settings doesnt appear in the "task tray," secondly - there is a rendering issue (probably a blending problem from something not being initialized in xorg.conf) which corrupts the screen and session and has to be fixed with compiz -replace. has anyone figured these issues out? thx

Compiz alone works fine. I use it with fusion-icon. There are a few bugs with some features, but most of the routines work. I haven't tried compiz-kde3 and bt-nv. What are you using it for?

i have the nvidia-bt package, and when i enable compiz i cant move any of my windows, and none of them have title bars.

I think its some sort of bug, but i havent a clue how to fix it and refuse spend hours on end messing with it and learning compiz when i only use it for the silly cube feature.

Anyone has any suggestions im all ears.
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by vvpalin View Post
    i have the nvidia-bt package, and when i enable compiz i cant move any of my windows, and none of them have title bars.

I think its some sort of bug, but i havent a clue how to fix it and refuse spend hours on end messing with it and learning compiz when i only use it for the silly cube feature.

Anyone has any suggestions im all ears.

hi

search under "Latest Public Release - BackTrack4 Beta" -> "BT4beta HowTo's " -> " Compiz Fusion on BT 4 beta Tutorial"

first install the new Nvidia- driver whit console, after install Compiz whit apt-get (console)
    If you install the Nvidia-driver & Compiz over "Synapic-Package" then you have problems but dount ask my why.

After you install the Backtrack-Nvidia tools over "Synapic-Package" and so Compiz run by my

cheers ozzy

ps sorry my bad english

as i stated in my post this is on the pre finale running the modified nvidia-driver package.

I have used compiz on the pre, aswell as the beta and it is fine, however it doesn't seem to play nice with the modified nvidia driver.
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Developer

I answered this a few posts down. You need some tweaks to your Xorg to enable direct rendering.