Thread: Quandry - EeePC 701xx Console (or Terminal) Splash

Default Quandry - EeePC 701xx Console (or Terminal) Splash

Allow me to first apologize for posting here. I understand that these forums are geared more toward BackTrack - up to BackTrack 4 Pre Final. This is a BackTrack 4 Final question. I wanted to post here and not on the new forums.

I've been trying to work out how to get this image: on the EeePC 701.

I've used the BackTrack Support Search Engine, the search function within these forums, google, and have been tinkering around with fix-splash and resolutions within /boot/grub/menu/lst.

The closest I could come to a solution was this thread.

The best result I can get is a clean install of BackTrack 4 Final without changing anything. There is no splash, but I do not receive errors concerning unspecified video modes.

This is not a bug. It is just something that's been occasionally driving me nuts.
    "Whatever happened to playing a hunch, Scully? The element of surprise, random acts of unpredictability? If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

Quote Originally Posted by ColForbin View Post
    Allow me to first apologize for posting here. I understand that these forums are geared more toward BackTrack - up to BackTrack 4 Pre Final. This is a BackTrack 4 Final question. I wanted to post here and not on the new forums.

I've been trying to work out how to get this image: on the EeePC 701.

I've used the BackTrack Support Search Engine, the search function within these forums, google, and have been tinkering around with fix-splash and resolutions within /boot/grub/menu/lst.

The closest I could come to a solution was this thread.

The best result I can get is a clean install of BackTrack 4 Final without changing anything. There is no splash, but I do not receive errors concerning unspecified video modes.

This is not a bug. It is just something that's been occasionally driving me nuts.
    I could be wrong, but I think to have it do that the display requires at least a 1024x768 resolution in vesa, which the eee doesn't.