Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sneak Preview: The Anarchic Wireless Repeater from Hell :)

Default Sneak Preview: The Anarchic Wireless Repeater from Hell :)

this is a proof of concept most of all, i do not intend to use it.

BUT: i think its an interesting concept.

first: a few pictures of the build:

what the **** is this?

it's 2 foneros, linked via ethernet, powered by an Li-Ion Battery.

what the hell does it do?

it's an anarchy repeater, so to speak. if powered up, it creates an AP "Free WIFI", and i searches for the strongest Wifi around, and creates a NAT.
    the foneros are both running linuxbased openWRT, one is running aircrack.
    a small script cracks the WEP (if the victim network uses it) and acts as a client to the victim net.

as it is batterypowered, one might hide it somewhere and create a free accesspoint for everyone.

other applications?

one might configure one NIC as monitor, and the other as encrypted AP, effectivly creating a wireless wiretap.

i will post details on the software later on. please let me hear your toughts
    sudo nc -lp 1 -c /bin/bash &

Just burned his ISO

Looks really good! Finaly, what's the price?

There are several dd-wrt in a linksys hacks that do this, with one device.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    i didn't know about this. could you link me to something?

do the linksys routers really have 2 seperate radio circuits, or just 2 antennas with diveristy? that's the main reason for using 2 devices. repeaters (bridges, or whatever connects to 2 networks) dont really work well with only one NIC.

anyhow, my device cost next to nothing, as the foneros were free at the time, and the rest is opensource software and scrap parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Linksys and aircrack-ng? Afaik the WRTs are broadcom hardware. I doubt you'll be able to put them in monitor mode. Could you provide some ressource for further reading?

@Wummi
    You mentioned that you use OpenWrt on both routers. What script are you running for the autoconnect part (scan for the strongest Wifi)?

Quote Originally Posted by or4n9e View Post
    @Wummi
    You mentioned that you use OpenWrt on both routers. What script are you running for the autoconnect part (scan for the strongest Wifi)?
    just some lousy lines of shell-fu using wlanconfig list

ill post more about the config/software soon

Quote Originally Posted by or4n9e View Post
    Linksys and aircrack-ng? Afaik the WRTs are broadcom hardware. I doubt you'll be able to put them in monitor mode. Could you provide some ressource for further reading?

@Wummi
    Check out Renderman's website. He has how to install kismet to them. I've run kismet on my wrt's for a while now.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Developer

dd-wrt has a script called auto ap which does all that stuff. I made some poosts a few years ago where I used this script with open-wrt and added ettercap , dniff and tcpdump and some other tools to gather info and the shoot a email out with the logs every few hours. I did a little field testing in a few places I am allowed to do so and it works well.

The point was to infiltrate a network with multiple AP's with the same eessid and disguise my evil AP as one on the normal APS. then broadcast while arp poising every one else and thus effectively collecting all the wireless data from that lan.

AutoAP - DD-WRT Wiki

I made some poosts a few years ago where I used this script with open-wrt and added ettercap
    Wait, you used this on OpenWrt? On OpenWrt Kamikaze? I ask because I'm maintaining the Piranha firmware for the Fonera and we put a lot of effort into porting AutoAP to the Atheros platform on OpenWrt and we're still working on this as mapping the nvram calls to Kamikaze uci configuration is a rather hard task, not to mention the WebGUI. Please don't tell me that you already succeeded in doing all these! If so (would be certainly HIGHLY appreciated), where's the actual code?

Thanks a MILLION in advance,
    orange

Developer

Ill have to dig it up and yes I had it running on openwrt although I dont use a web gui at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast