Thread: pendrive and lots of errors

Just burned his ISO

Default pendrive and lots of errors

Hi..

When i use Unetbootin, where i copy BT to my pendrive and try too boot from it, i get alot of errors..

I cant copy/paste the errors, but the system dosent boot all the way.. I get the grup loader, but then 10 sec. later, it stops after showing me alot of fails..

I can boot from the iso in vmware, but a clean boot wont let me.

I dont think its hardware spesific.. But what do i know..

Jacob

How big is the usb drive?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

I think, you should try not to use unebootin. i'm doing fine with manual installation for boot able usb pendrive. search for the video at offensive security website. there is video about how to make boot able persistent usb pendrive bt4 pre final.

Regards,
    JoeleZ

What would people suggest to get it working on SD card?

I bought a 2gig card so i don't have to write over my BT4 beta which is also on a 2gig SD.
    I have the beta set up how i like it and only saving a new lzm when needed, anything else (documents) just gets written to my eeepc701's internal memory.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by aliosity View Post
    What would people suggest to get it working on SD card?

I bought a 2gig card so i don't have to write over my BT4 beta which is also on a 2gig SD.
    I have the beta set up how i like it and only saving a new lzm when needed, anything else (documents) just gets written to my eeepc701's internal memory.

Any suggestions?
    If you doesn't want any changes being persistent then it's okay, if you want it to be persistent, 2gig is to low. try 4gig. anyway 2gig still was to low for me, coz the OS file it's self has nearly 1.4 gig.

Regards,
    JoeleZ

Just burned his ISO

Default back

My pendrive is 4gb.

Im using unetbootin 344

Im using the fre-final iso.

Hardware is:

Intel Centrino 2x2.5

Jacob

PS: my dvd +Rw will not read my dvd disk's, (yeah cheap ones) so i cant load BT first.. My only chance is to boot via pendrive..

Quote Originally Posted by jacobdk View Post
    My pendrive is 4gb.

Im using unetbootin 344

Im using the fre-final iso.

Hardware is:

Intel Centrino 2x2.5

Jacob

PS: my dvd +Rw will not read my dvd disk's, (yeah cheap ones) so i cant load BT first.. My only chance is to boot via pendrive..
    You already said you have 2 gig sdcard, then get the bt4beta there to installing the bt4prefinal to usb 4gig.

In bt4 beta
    Format the 4gig become 1500MB vfat, and the rest using ext3 format. you can look "how to" with googling. make first 1500MB bootable (using fdisk when you format the usb, code : a )
    after that
    Code:
    mkfs.vfat -F32 -n <name you want> /dev/<your first partition 1500MB>
    mkfs.ext3 -b 4096 -L casper-rw /dev/<your second partition on usb>
    after that mount the usb, then:

Code:
    rsync -avh <bt4prefinal data> <your target usb first partition 1500MB>
    after all the data copied,
    Code:
    grub-install --no-floppy --root-directory=/mnt/<your usb first partition 1500MB example sdb1 sdc1 sda1> /dev/<your usb example sdb sdc sda>
    after that run nano or kate or something else you like, read the /mnt/<your usb first partition 1500MB>/boot/grub/menu.lst

change default 0 to default 4 and look at start persistent Live cd, append vga=0x317 at the and on line that starting with kernel.
    It will look like this:
    Code:
    title                Start Persistent Live CD
    kernel                /boot/vmlinuz BOOT=casper boot=casper persistent rw quiet vga=0x317
    initrd                /boot/initrd.gz
    save and boot with that usb, there is your usb live persistent.

Regards,
    JoeleZ

Just burned his ISO

Nice english man ... That have to been said, sorry. See dev/nul thread, but you´ve to be glad, you ´re on the internet...
    Anyway, is your Bios updated?

Quote Originally Posted by clubmaster View Post
    Nice english man ... That have to been said, sorry. See dev/nul thread, but you´ve to be glad, you ´re on the internet...
    Anyway, is your Bios updated?
    Nice post man NOT.

You can be glad, that your account wasn't moved to /dev/null.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá