Thread: Yablp

Just burned his ISO

Default Yablp

Yet another boot loader problem. I did search though, on here and on google, but I cant find the right info I need.

Long story short, I installed Windows 7 on my new laptop, then installed BT4. Well when the BT4 boot loader came up, and I choose Windows 7, it wouldnt load it. Just flashed two lines of words at the top left and went back to the boot loader. Well I stuck in the Windows 7 CD and fixed the MBR. So now Im back in Win7, and Im trying to figure out there the bootloader path is for BT4, but I cant get it for nothing. It uses GRUB, right? Im using a program in Windows called EasyBCD, it's served me well for years for getting multiple boots going, but this time it's just not working and i'm thinking its either because BT4 has a special location for the BL or it's because I installed BT4 to "/"

Help? <3<3

Quote Originally Posted by akaishi View Post
    Yet another boot loader problem. I did search though, on here and on google, but I cant find the right info I need.

Long story short, I installed Windows 7 on my new laptop, then installed BT4. Well when the BT4 boot loader came up, and I choose Windows 7, it wouldnt load it. Just flashed two lines of words at the top left and went back to the boot loader. Well I stuck in the Windows 7 CD and fixed the MBR. So now Im back in Win7, and Im trying to figure out there the bootloader path is for BT4, but I cant get it for nothing. It uses GRUB, right? Im using a program in Windows called EasyBCD, it's served me well for years for getting multiple boots going, but this time it's just not working and i'm thinking its either because BT4 has a special location for the BL or it's because I installed BT4 to "/"

Help? <3<3
    Terrible thread title. Make an attempt to use something more meaningful next time, your threads will get quicker answers that way.

Read the following to get an better understanding of the boot process under Linux and the different boot managers that can be used:
    Inside the Linux boot process
    Boot Records Revealed!

Then Id suggest you try out your Google-fu to see if you can find any relevant information. "grub boot windows 7" might be a good search string to use.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.