Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How I setup BT4 Pre-Final - not noob friendly

wicd is not working for me. In the beta, BT4 saw my WIC, NIC, and bluetooth fine but this version isn't seeing anything, just a loopback.

In response to the question of what I would do next to my install of BT4(prefinal). The first thing I do when I install any version of BT is to configure kismet to my wireless card.

Quote Originally Posted by Polorboy View Post
    wicd is not working for me. In the beta, BT4 saw my WIC, NIC, and bluetooth fine but this version isn't seeing anything, just a loopback.
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/wicd start
    Then start the Wicd Network Manager from the Internet menu to choose your AP.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

1.I have installed BT4 on USB drive, and when I logged as normal user I cannot start wicd, but when I was using LiveCD/USB it works, first, from KDE menu-Start Network, then wicd. But it not work now, do i need to log in as root? I tried to execute wicd with sudo, but it shows only that service started, but wicd's window doesn't.

2. And when Wicd worked in LiveCD/USB mode I cannot connet to wirelees networks, it shows its, signal, channel etc., but when I click on disered network it reports- you have to enable encryption to connet to this network. But how?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by w116tjb View Post
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/wicd start
    Then start the Wicd Network Manager from the Internet menu to choose your AP.
    work well on my eeepc 901,
    thanks

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I've been running BackTrack as root since version 2, have had no issues with it. If I don't run as root, I don't get sound.
    I had the same problem with BT4-PreF until I added my user to the appropriate groups.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12