Thread: Booting keeps failing. Help me?

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Booting keeps failing. Help me?

I'm trying to dual boot with Windows 7 and BackTrack and the first step keeps failing. Maybe I'm making the bootable dvd wrong. Can someone please give me a detailed instruction of what to do with the .iso file to make it into the bootable file that it needs to be? Please and Thank you.

Default Re: Booting keeps failing. Help me?

You burn the ISO image to disk. Its a little hard to give detailed instructions because they would need to be program specific, but in Nero I use the "Burn Image to Disk" option. Theres not much more to it than that.

You can probably find suitable instructions for doing this in your CD/DVD burning software by looking at the documentation or searching the Web.

If you are having problems booting you may want to check the MD5 hash of your downloaded image to make sure it matches the one at the download site, and also make sure your BIOS settings are configured to boot from the DVD drive before the hard drive.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

I checked the md5 hash and they matched. Then, i tried to burn the image using the windows 7 image burner, but for some reason, it failed because of error 0x80004005.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownError View Post
    I checked the md5 hash and they matched. Then, i tried to burn the image using the windows 7 image burner, but for some reason, it failed because of error 0x80004005.
    You would be far better off using imgburn to burn the iso, it's free and the only windows burning software I ever recommend.

Don't forget to burn as slow as you can and use good media.

The Official ImgBurn Website

Just burned his ISO

I got it to work. Thanks guys.