Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ask, No Password after Boot ? How to make one ?

Just burned his ISO

you can add the 'lock' and/or the 'passwd' entry in the grub configuration file(/boot/grub/menu.lst) so that it will as a password to boot backtrack(or any other entry you choose to)

As always that just protects the boot not the physical access to the files in the pendrive... If someone got your pendrive they'd be able to mount it in linux and access everything..
    (you could also try to encrypt with TrueCrypt or sth...)

Quote Originally Posted by Snakerdlk View Post
    you can add the 'lock' and/or the 'passwd' entry in the grub configuration file(/boot/grub/menu.lst) so that it will as a password to boot backtrack(or any other entry you choose to)

As always that just protects the boot not the physical access to the files in the pendrive... If someone got your pendrive they'd be able to mount it in linux and access everything..
    (you could also try to encrypt with TrueCrypt or sth...)
    Yeah, i think it's like that, but in my office no one using linux >.< Hope they didn't know about it. In windows, linux format can't be detected.
    What must i do with this menu.lst ? How can i add the lock or passwd on menu.lst ? Sorry before. Coz i never cuztomize menu.lst or syslinux or something like that before.
    Would you explain it more specific ?

Thanks before for your time.

Regards,
    JoeleZ

sorry I edit this post again.
    it's already work
    i append
    password -md5 <hashes Passwd>
    on the line after the tittle.

But Still, it can be edited using linux distro and it's become more bad, because actually it can be edited using wind***. In win***s vfat format in the usb where there is menu.lst on boot folder can be accessed. pifffff.......... anyone read this thread can hack in to it so easily.
    Hahahahahaha.

Still waiting for better solution, anyway thanks for the input snakerdlk.

Regards,
    JoeleZ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12