Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: No sound after installation

Just burned his ISO

Default no headphones or sound from both speakers and headphones

i am running a toshiba satillite a135-s4427 on a 4gb usb stick with persistent changes
    the fixes i have attempted were all added to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base followed by running alsa force-reload in terminal after each line was entered the prior attempt was changed to a comment and the result added to the line to avoid repeated attempts of the same fix.

i think i have provided all the info fnord0 posted as a prerequisite for asking for assistance. if not please let me know. thanks for your help and patience.

#options snd-hda-intel model=laptop Speakers only with vol control for speakers
    #options snd-hda-intel model=lenovo Sound from both speakers and headphones
    #options snd-hda-intel model=3stack Sound from both speakers and headphones
    #options snd-hda-intel model=6stack-digout Sound from both speakers and headphones surround sound options
    #options snd-hda-intel model=mobile Speakers only with vol control for speakers
    #options snd-hda-intel model=5stack Speakers only with vol control for speakers
    #options snd-hda-intel model=acer Speakers only with vol control for speakers
    #options snd-hda-intel model=toshiba Speakers only with vol control for speakers
    #options snd-hda-intel model=basic Speakers only with vol control for speakers
    #options snd-hda-intel model=auto Sound from both speakers and headphones
    #options snd-hda-intel probe_mask=1 Speakers only with vol control for speakers
    #options snd-hda-intel probe_mask=8 no sound. no mixer.
    #options snd-hda-intel position_fix=1 model=3stack Sound from both speakers and headphones
    #options snd-hda-intel single_cmd=1 model=laptop-eapd Speakers only with vol control for speakers
    #options snd-hda-intel position_fix=1 model=lenovo Sound from both speakers and headphones
    #options snd-hda-intel model=mbp3 Speakers only with vol control for speakers

default:CARD=Intel
    HDA Intel, ALC861VD Analog
    Default Audio Device

cat /proc/asound/cards
    0 [Intel ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
    HDA Intel at 0xdc440000 irq 22

card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC861VD Analog [ALC861VD Analog]

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Device ff01
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 22
    Region 0: Memory at dc440000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=55mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
    Capabilities: [60] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-
    Address: 0000000000000000 Data: 0000
    Capabilities: [70] Express (v1) Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
    DevCap: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <64ns, L1 <1us
    ExtTag- RBE- FLReset-
    DevCtl: Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
    RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+
    MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
    DevSta: CorrErr- UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr+ TransPend-
    LnkCap: Port #0, Speed unknown, Width x0, ASPM unknown, Latency L0 <64ns, L1 <1us
    ClockPM- Suprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
    LnkCtl: ASPM Disabled; Disabled- Retrain- CommClk-
    ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
    LnkSta: Speed unknown, Width x0, TrErr- Train- SlotClk- DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
    Capabilities: [100] Virtual Channel <?>
    Capabilities: [130] Root Complex Link <?>
    Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
    Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel

@Jaylor: did the sound work on the live cd?
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Just burned his ISO

not on headphones which is the current problem. i get sound from my speakers but if i plug in headphones it has no effect. if i enter one of the modprobe options i can get sound out of both but not just from headphones. that is the main limiting factor to spending alot of time working with this distro. i can't stand the silence, and in a public place music gets you stared at.

Just burned his ISO

Default Solved for toshiba a135-s4427 HDD install

copied verbatim from hxxp://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1091387

I forget where I originally saw this but I have to input this every time I do a fresh install. I have a toshiba A135-S4467 and this completely fixes the headphone issue.

1) open terminal:

Applications > Accessories > Terminal

2) in terminal enter command:

sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

enter password when prompted.

3) this will open a file, scroll to the end of the file and paste in:

options snd-hda-intel model=lenovo

save and close this file

4) Restart computer, sound should work through the headphones now.

Hope this helps.

sound comes through both until you manually mute the Front volume control

Just burned his ISO

I had the same problem at first install, then changed over to Root, which I prefer anyways. Has been working for a while now and then just today the sound randomly stopped working. Have done a force-reload of alsa, restarted, and nothing. here is the info requested:
    hxxp://pastebin.com/m642156b4 (I don't have enough posts to add a link yet)

Thanks for the help

Just burned his ISO

Default just a thought

it probably won't help but check under modify on the user managment well logged in as root and see if audio is selected. it isn't by default on the user accounts i have made i had to select it. after that i turned up the volume on the kmix sound mixer and i had sound. also i have three different controls for my sound and if any off them is turned down i have no sound playing. i'm new so i don't expect this to fix your issue but heres hoping.

Just burned his ISO

Default bonjour

je voudrais savoir quelle serait le moyen de faire reconnaitre mon clavier usb sur mon pc portable car il ne fonctionne pas du tout ainsi que mon clavier sur mon pc aussi pourquoi et pouvez vous m'aider a faire une manipulation qui permetterair de le faire fonctionner en vous remerciant bonne journée demande urgente merci bcp

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234