Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: BT4 USB installation noob-proof [TUTORIAL]

Quote Originally Posted by cyf3r-r0un6 View Post
    This weekend I got an 8gb flash drive, followed all the instructions and it worked beautifully and i have absolutely no issues booting up bt4 off of my usb drive. Although when I shutdown the computer and then try booting it up so i can use Vista it doesn't allow me to. I get a message that says " GRUB loading stage 1.5" then it says "GRUB loading, please wait.... " then i get " error 21". I can not figure out what happened and where im going wrong but i definately need to get my vista working (as much as i hate microsoft) but all of my college work, and computer programs that i need for class are on my vista. Im lost idk what to do. please, please help me. i appreciate it soo much! thanx guys.
    You may have made a mistake on step #7 and installed the bootloader to your hard disk (hd0). I'm an XP user so I can't comment specifically on how to restore the MBR on a Vista machine but I'm sure there is a way to use your Vista install CD, to boot into recovery mode to use the "fixmbr" command.

Look at the lead post in this thread and review the options for step #7 (during install). You MUST choose the "advanced" option and install the bootloader for BT4 to your USB drive "/dev/sdb1" (in my case is was /dev/sda1).

Hope this helps.

Just burned his ISO

Default Got USB key working with one mod

I think someone mentioned this as well

I installed BT4 pre on an 8GB USB drive using the BT4 live CD and running through install.sh.
    The one modification to the instructions that i made was on step 7 - advanced.

I installed the bootloader to /dev/sdb - not sdb1. After making this change the USB key boots up fine.

Excellent tut #mfBaranian#

Just burned his ISO

*edit* fixed it....

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the Some tips №2 ))

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112