Thread: Problems with kismet

Just burned his ISO

Default Problems with kismet

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but it is a software issue.

I had BT3 final installed on my hard drive before. Kismet worked fine. When I ran BT4PR as a live cd it worked fine. But something happened when I installed BT4PR to my hard drive and kismet does not work.

when I start kismet up I get the message "ERROR: Could not connect to kismet server 'localhost:2501' will try to reconnect in 5 seconds." A popup asks me if I want to start the server, so I say yes, but I don't know what to fill out in the next popup. It is Labeled "Start kismet server" and has only 1 field labeled Options.

Help anyone? I have no firewall installed, and I tried my 4965AGN in monitor mode and non monitor mode. airodump works fine and I can also inject against my router (not like injection matters with kismet) I think it is some configuration problem, but I am not experienced with Kismet.

Thank you

hi.

go to /usr/etc/kismet.conf
    change your ncsource to:
    ncsource=wlan0:name=intel

ozzy

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the reply. It was indeed set incorrectly, but I still get the error. I tried it in monitor mode and non monitor mode. Which one should it be in?

EDIT: I actually just ran apt-get purge kismet;apt-get install kismet. Did not help it though :/

go to /pentest/wireless/kismet-newcore/ an look in the README the correctly ncsource for your card

Just burned his ISO

Thanks ozzy66. I got it working now

I always like it better being told WHERE to look, not just being spoonfed the answer.