Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RTL8187, Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG, zd1211rw

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by painstream View Post
    jsway112

yup i'm using mon0
    these are the aireplay commands that work for me.

aireplay-ng -1 0 -a "BSSID" -h "MYMAC" -e "ESSID" dev
    aireplay-ng -3 -b "BSSID" -h "MYMAC" dev
    Thanks, That is what I am using. I finally have it working, but it is very slow.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsway112 View Post
    Thanks, That is what I am using. I finally have it working, but it is very slow.
    Awesome, so now you are going to post a tutorial right?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Awesome, so now you are going to post a tutorial right?
    I would, but my computer is injecting packets painfully slow. I would not wish that on anyone. I will create one as soon as I can get it working faster.

Can you help me understand the different drivers used in BT Beta and BT Pre-Final for the iwl3945 driver?

Backtrack 4 beta is fast, while Backtrack 4 Pre is extremely slow.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsway112 View Post
    I would, but my computer is injecting packets painfully slow. I would not wish that on anyone. I will create one as soon as I can get it working faster.

Can you help me understand the different drivers used in BT Beta and BT Pre-Final for the iwl3945 driver?

Backtrack 4 beta is fast, while Backtrack 4 Pre is extremely slow.
    Post some info on the drivers that are included.
    More than likely it is probably the same one.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

BackTrack 4 pre-final

Aireplay-ng 1.0 rc3 r1552
    Kernal 2.6.29.4
    Intel (R) PRO/WIRELESS 3945ABG/BG Networking Connection driver for linux, 1.2.26kds

Backtrack 4 beta

Aireplay-ng 1.0 rc2 r1385
    Kernal 2.6.28.1
    Intel (R) PRO/WIRELESS 3945ABG/BG Networking Connection driver for linux, 1.2.26k

Never had a chance to see what the difference between the 1.2.26k and 1.2.26kds are. I did a lsmod and I think bt4 prefinal may be using a few extra modules (forgot to write them down, I will later maybe). I tried to revert back to Aireplay-ng 1.0 rc2 r1385 in BT4 Pre-Final but that had no effect.

Just burned his ISO

BackTrack 4 pre-final

Aireplay-ng 1.0 rc3 r1552
    Kernal 2.6.29.4
    Intel (R) PRO/WIRELESS 3945ABG/BG Networking Connection driver for linux, 1.2.26kds

Backtrack 4 beta

Aireplay-ng 1.0 rc2 r1385
    Kernal 2.6.28.1
    Intel (R) PRO/WIRELESS 3945ABG/BG Networking Connection driver for linux, 1.2.26k

Never had a chance to see what the difference between the 1.2.26k and 1.2.26kds are. I did a lsmod and I think bt4 prefinal may be using a few extra modules (forgot to write them down, I will later maybe). I tried to revert back to Aireplay-ng 1.0 rc2 r1385 in BT4 Pre-Final but that had no effect.
    Thanks for finding that info for me. I wonder if we roll back the driver from 1.2.26kds to 1.2.26k, if it will help speed things up a bit. I am not sure how to do it, but will research how and get back to you.

Just burned his ISO

ipw3945 works for me with some modification and using the ipwraw driver. Not sure if it is part of the issue but mine is (rev 02), not sure if other people having an issue are also rev 02, i posted a how to (in the wrong place - sorry!), in pre-final working hardware. look there is your having issues.

Just burned his ISO

Default Whats working for me

Using Backtrack 4 Pre-Final.

Only mods:
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade

Tested Linksys WUSB54G Ver4

Annoyances: TXpower won't go above 15db
    Pro's: Packet injection fast, works very efficiently

Config I used for this device
    airmon-ng stop wlan0
    ifconfig wlan0 down
    macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 wla0
    airmon-ng start wlan0
    airodump-ng -c {channel num} --bssid {bssid of AP} -w {dumpfile name} wlan0

In a new term.
    aireplay-ng -3 -b {bssid of AP} wlan0

in a new term
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -a {bssid of AP} wlan0

The reason I ran in injection mode before doing a fake auth, is I find it the quickest way to do it. Just my preference.

That works fine for me, packet injection rate is around 500pps. Not tried faster injection rates, thats fast enough for me

Also tried the exact same commands as above with an Alfa AWUS036H and here are the results.

Cons:
    Tx power won't go above 20dbM even though the equipment is 5 times more powerful than that.
    Packet injection is slow @ around 20pps

However, if I substitute wlan0 for mon0, (including the macchanger command) then packet injection works @ 500pps no hassle. Would probably go faster, but no need. I'm not convinced though that the packet injection works properly, with specific reference to receiving ARP responses. It seems that I have to wait until a client generates an ARP for me, then things fly into action.

Those are my experiences so far.

/Jimbo

Just burned his ISO

Default Did anyone find the solution for this?

I have a Intel 3945ABG (iwl3945) in a Toshbia Satellite A200-AH5 laptop.

BT4 Pre Final
    Airmon-ng = working
    Airodump-ng = working
    Aireplay-ng = fake auths seem to work (haven't tested this to hardcore)
    however package injection does work but is extremely slow (maybe an hour just to get 5000ivs) Injects a lot of packets however dont get many arp and ack requests back.... even after a successful association and sending constant keep-alives

BT4 Beta
    Airmon-ng, Airodump-ng, and Aireplay-ng = working, packing injecting works very fast.

Tried a Ralink 2573 USB (rt73usb) and works good with BT4 Beta and Pre-Final.

*note this is my first post here, wanted to share my experience with the iwl3945 chipset.
    Hi there, I'am using BT4 Final in a Live USB (Unetbootin) and I got the same problem as described above. After a long search on the net I noticed that many people claim to get the iwl3945 driver working without problems (except for fragmentation and chochop), and some more that have this very same trouble.

Following the simple wep crack tutorial everything appears to work fine (airmon, airodump, aireplay fake auth, aireplay arp request replay, aircrack). However the #Data count increase in a very slow pace and the #s is near zero at all times.

Just to assure you I am following the right steps, I managed to crack my 40bit wep wireless after leaving my pc collecting data for two days.

Just burned his ISO

Here's where my confusion comes in regarding this and if someone could correct my inaccuracies, that'd be great.

From my understanding, the point of packet injection is to force the access point to have to send out more IVs than it normally would. Under normal circumstances, the number of IVs sent out by the access point at my house would be slim to none if there wasn't a ton of activity going on. As the level of activity increases on a wireless network, the more IVs there would be to grab. To counteract having to wait weeks to crack a low-activity access point, packet injection can be used to speed the process by constantly asking the access to point to perform requests that would generate IVs.

Now I'm working on this at home trying to crack my access point which has very little activity (other than my wife's occasional surfing) and I've had this last test running for 15 minutes and have collected a grand total of 98 #Data packets. At this rate, it's going to take an eternity to crack. Now the aireplay window is showing that I'm supposedly injecting 500pps but my rate of capturing IV packets is excruciatingly slow. Am I wrong in assuming that something is not working correctly?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast