Thread: Aircrack

Just burned his ISO

Default Aircrack

I want to use aircrack but i can't save the packets file because the live cd
    is read-only. So i must mount a hard disk to it. What i must do to save the file?

Good friend of the forums

Install BT to hard disk or usb probably. Or indeed, use mount to mount the hard disk...

Just burned his ISO

Have you tired using a virtual machine. I'm currently using BT4 beta with Vmware Workstation 6.5.2
    You get a 30day trial but thats easily bypassed (PM me for a serial)
    Haven't had one problem so far with this set up. But i've only tested 2 WEP routers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marios View Post
    I want to use aircrack but i can't save the packets file because the live cd
    is read-only. So i must mount a hard disk to it. What i must do to save the file?
    That's strange to me... as far as my knowledge goes, Live CD should perform all the jobs. Before I switched to USB installation, I tried BT3 live CD, successfully saved airodump cap files, used aircrack & cracked them. I didn't had to do any sort of extra work (like mounting HDD) to achieve this. I didn't research it (coz, I didn't face any problem) but guessing that BT3 used either RAM or a swap file in the HDD to save the files..
    Is anybody having the same problem using BT4 live CD?
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Just burned his ISO

Well...the live CD should be readonly since its a CD...

It depends on where you are trying to save the pcap files.
    AFAIK the / is mounted on /dev/ram0 or similar, and this should be writable...
    Of course when you poweroff/reboot you're machine you lost the changes you made...
    To save the file you should have access to a hdd or pendrive which probably is mounted in /mnt or /media (or mount i manually)