Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BackTrack Pre Final - Public Release and Download

Just burned his ISO

I cant open the backtrack4 Pre final .Grup menu catch in the terminal and can't go on.I am using netbook.I cant have any cd-dvd drive.What ı must to do.

Just burned his ISO

Default quick noob question...

My d/l of BT4 pre keeps breaking. Is there a list of mirrors I can try? maybe a d/l program that you recommend that can handle the disconnects since you don't want people to use torrents?

Also, what's the advantage of getting the VMware image if the iso is a bootable DVD?

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

I can't download more than 10 MB without it failing and making me have to restart the download from scratch. I have to use Bittorrent for bigger stuff.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chiangli View Post
    My d/l of BT4 pre keeps breaking. Is there a list of mirrors I can try? maybe a d/l program that you recommend that can handle the disconnects since you don't want people to use torrents?

Also, what's the advantage of getting the VMware image if the iso is a bootable DVD?
    They way I understand it, is that clicking on the official link for downloading will auto-select a mirror closest to you.
    As for BT4 pre-final I don't believe there is a vmware image but there are instructions on how to make one.
    If you need help post back with the relevant info.
    As far as the pros/cons of each type I think that a bit of searching should be able to give you enough info to help you decide.
    No one is saying that you can't use a torrent btw. It is probably safer using the official downloads. Not to mention what Pureh@te stated about it above.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by chiangli View Post
    My d/l of BT4 pre keeps breaking. Is there a list of mirrors I can try? maybe a d/l program that you recommend that can handle the disconnects
    try this, it works for me (u might get a "Logging in as anonymous ... Login incorrect." but retry`ing it worked just fine)
    wget --continue "http://www.remote-exploit.org/cgi-bin/fileget?version=bt4-prefinal-iso"
    Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    As for BT4 pre-final I don't believe there is a vmware image but there are instructions on how to make one.
    actually, they got a VMware 6.5.2 image for download from here = Offensive Security Training Free Videos and Tutorials
    click "Downloads", and you will see the second link :: BackTrack 4 Pre Final VMWare 6.5.2 Workstation Image - 2.1 GB md5 1e790d4c6d68acc971a1ad3bd3731cdc

good luck!
    'see the fnords!'

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fnord0 View Post
    actually, they got a VMware 6.5.2 image for download from here
    good luck!
    Hey thanks for the link.
    I usually reference remote-exploit.org for the downloads.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Hail yeah ! I Can't wait for the usb final versions.

Just burned his ISO

pureh@te
    We ask that you do not torrent our distro please.
    I didnt uploaded the torrent in demonoid, I downloaded it from there.
    You do have a point I will stop seeding.
    later
    I aint crazy just a lil mistaken

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123