Thread: Deauthentication not working at all

Default Deauthentication not working at all

Hello everyone,

Am testing deauthentication/disassociation on my Buffalo AP Model No.WHR-G125 with MDK3v5 and aireplay-ng v1.0-rc3. Am also using the latest drivers for my Edimax-7318USg USB adapter rt73-k2wrlz-3.0.3 in BT3. The reason why I mentioned the AP name and model number is coz none of the deauthentication methods are working with both of them.

Aireplay-ng gives the output as (0|0 Ack) even though the AP, the associated client and the BT system are right next to each other. Mdk3 keeps sending the disconnecting packets but theres not even a slightest drop in the associated client signal which makes me think whether it might be the AP which is deauthentication proof??

Please help

Sunny

I have the same device. Try previous version of the driver.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Hi kazalku,

It amazes me how switching over to the previous version of the driver can solve the problem in a second. I was again getting [0|0 Ack] using aireplay-ng however this time the associated client did get disconnected which makes me believe the fact that newer is not always better. Thanks buddy

One more thing, I installed the previous driver above the newer driver using the usual "make" and "make install" commands. Do I need to uninstall the newer version or its uninstalled automatically by overwriting it with the previous version??

Sunny

Good question....... but I don't know the answer...... sorry mate..... it should be pretty simple..... anyone??
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exus69 View Post
    Hi kazalku,
    One more thing, I installed the previous driver above the newer driver using the usual "make" and "make install" commands. Do I need to uninstall the newer version or its uninstalled automatically by overwriting it with the previous version??
    Sunny
    You do not always have to uninstall drivers but it would probably be better if you did.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.