Thread: failed attemps

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy failed attemps

guys i have problem, here, because i don't know what i'm doing wrong.

i boot the cd, start bt4 and insert all he data that we need to desencrypt a wep wireless lan, an in thefinal step, when aircrack is trying to find the key, it show's to m a message that says:" Failed. Next try with 5000IVs."

can anyone tell me what does this mean, and ewhat can i do to get the key...

tyvm

Do you know the password of the wlan?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by brainsquasher View Post
    guys i have problem, here, because i don't know what i'm doing wrong.

i boot the cd, start bt4 and insert all he data that we need to desencrypt a wep wireless lan, an in thefinal step, when aircrack is trying to find the key, it show's to m a message that says:" Failed. Next try with 5000IVs."

can anyone tell me what does this mean, and ewhat can i do to get the key...
    I'm guessing you should let it try again when it collects 5000 more IVs.

Or you could accept the FACT that WEP/WPA will fall given sufficient time/resources/interest and spend your time reading up on industry best practices for securely configuring your wireless device.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    I'm guessing you should let it try again when it collects 5000 more IVs.

Or you could accept the FACT that WEP/WPA will fall given sufficient time/resources/interest and spend your time reading up on industry best practices for securely configuring your wireless device.
    i too, may be slightly guilty of guessing sir; but with your attached signature stating you have no intention of putting up with such thinly veiled help requests on relatively clear malicious activity... your absolutely unhelpful post is both redeemingly ironic and funny equally/thinly veiled sarcasm.

It wasn't veiled at all.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.