Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Wordlist Generator [Windows Only]

Hybrid View

Default New Wordlist Generator [Windows Only]

Hey guys,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I've enjoyed Backtrack for quite a while, and I've never contributed anything, so I thought I'd give something back:

LST 0.6.1 beta - Password List Generator

Tested on Vista -- I have been told it works on XP
    No Linux support -- sorry guys!

Features:
    - Prepend/Append passwords together [mutate].
    - First letter Uppercase, all lowercase, all uppercase.
    - Do not add passwords of certain length [min/max length]
    - - Ability to truncate [cut off] or 'fill' [repeat password] to fit length
    - Split files at certain size [good since aircrack-ng gets iffy around 2GB].
    - Full password list generator [all possible letters, numbers, symbols, etc]
    - - Tells you how large the password list will be [i.e. HUGE]
    - Web-based generator:
    - - Grabs text from website
    - - spiders through to all other websites [optional]
    - - spider but stay within the site's domain [also optional]
    - - won't grab HTML text, only content
    -Telephone Number Prefix Finder:
    - - Enter your city and it will find all areacodes & prefixes in your area.
    - - ** Just add the last 4 digits to these prefixes and you've got a list of every phone number in your area! **

I have a screenshot, but I haven't made 15 posts or more (so I'm not allowed to link to urls).
    I might be bending the rules a bit, but:

imgur[dot]com/EMkS6.png

Note: I was heavily influenced by shamenvirtuels interfaces.

I needed a program that did these things. I know that wyd does a lot of this and there was another program posted on the forum that does some of these options, but this is an all-in-one generator for Windows.
    It has worked very well for me and I wanted to share.

I'd love to just link you guys to the program, but unfortunately I'm not allowed to post URL's until I've made 15 posts or more.

Let me know if you guys are interested!

P.S. I apologize if I'm breaking the forum's rules by posting links to pictures, or because I'm posting a windows-only program. I don't know of any other place on the net where people would appreciate the program like I have. Sorry!

Lightbulb

Oops.

Sorry about posting in the wrong thread. I figured since I was a newbie... ahh well.

Alright, enough teasing. If anyone on remote-exploit wants to give this password list generator a test-drive, feel free to at:

megaupload[dot]com/?d=X0JXCXCF

I have my e-mail address in the README file, if you have any questions or bugs.

I'll also be scoping out this thread every now & then to see if there's new bugs or feature-requests.

Happy cracking!

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

If you're into GUI programming, you really gotta read up on cross-platform GUI libraries like wxWidgets, or even something like GDK+.

It would have been trivial to get this program working on iPods, Apple Mac's, Windoze, Linux, Solaris... everything you can imagine.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Thanks derv0. Just downloaded it. I'll get it a go in my sandbox.

Some quick notes:

First, this seems pretty nice. Thanks! I think it's going to be useful.

Second, I got an error about not being able to find 'MSCOMCTL.OCX'. This could just be an issue with my sandbox machine. I downloaded some random fix from the interwebs and it fixed the error. This is the link in case other people get the error, but it's probably just me. Mising MSCOMCTL.OCX Library File

Also, it seems to sometimes double-up on what it adds from the mutations.
    Like if my mutation is "1!" I have a entry for "admin1!1!". But not all are like that.

Anyway, again, good job on this. I'm using it!

Thanks for sharing

Thumbs up

Thanks mate and well done nice app'

Good stuff man. I'll give it a try. *Boots up windows* Wtf do I do now? Lmao.. Been to long since I have used windows
    "If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid." - Murphy's Laws of combat, #2

Just burned his ISO evillemonkey's Avatar

Thumbs up

Thank you derv0, I've been looking for something like this for a while now.

I have been using this program for several days now and I have to say that it is a very handy tool to have. Real easy to use (especially for a noob like myself)
    It shows an error most of the time when you close it, but that doesn't matter, its beta, and it gets the job done. The web based generator is probably one of my favorite features that it has, and that fact that you can have several of them running at the same time is pretty sweet.

The way you can manipulate your word list is very handy. Lets say you have a text file with a list of common names or default passwords. You load that up, and then add a second list with say numbers or dates (123, 666, 83, 69, etc..)
    click on RUN THIS SHIT, and you get a list that has the numbers on the end of each word...

password123
    password666
    blah
    blah

Then just make yourself a hash file, and your good to go.

and it even gives you a rough estimate of how much disk space your gonna need.
    VERY SWEET!
    I wish bt had this as a one if its standard tools, this could be very helpful when trying to test for week passwords. I've tried using jtr and cain, but they are not as useful as this program by derv0. The only thing I wish you could do, was specify a custom range of numbers to generate (420-666 for exaple)

btw... not that it matters but, nice choice on a font color.

Anyways that's my 2 cents, I would highly recommend it to anyone that is trying to build a strong word list. THANK AGAIN derv0, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

WOOHOO

I'm glad a program I've made was able to be used by someone other than myself.

I really appreciate your feedback: it's the only info I've gotten so far on the program. (I just assumed this thread slipped through the cracks).

I'll definitely look into the shutdown error (arg), and also specified number ranges (good idea).

Keep enjoying it and let me know if you find/think of anything else!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast