Thread: Link 5100 wireless card injection problem

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question Link 5100 wireless card injection problem

hello,
    i have HP Dv4 laptop that come`s with link 5100 wifi card, in BT3 i had lots of problem with it, and now in BT4 i can finaly go to monitor mode.
    any way the problem is the injection (AIREPLAY, ETC), i serch in google for solution, i didnt find any help, and i saw many have the same problem...

i also saw this thread in AIRCRACK forum : "Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 5100 Card injection OK"

it seems that they found a solution for the problem on 2.6.27-rc7.tar.bz2

i cant post a url so this is the Quote :

I have Samsung Q310 laptop with Intel Wireless Wi-Fi Link 5100 Card.

I would like to confirm that the injection test is working OK with kernel linux-2.6.27-rc7.tar.bz2,
    patchet with the latest iwlwifi drivers patch, wich enables packet injection for iwlagn.

In order to get injection working on Intel 5100 card download the latest linux-2.6.27-rc7.tar.bz2 kernel and patch the iwlwifi driver with the diffs from the latest kernel iwlwifi driver changes from Stefanik Gábor here
    I hope the iwlwifi driver changes will bi included in the next 2.6.27 kernel version.

i read every singal post there and i didnt find any help with BT4, there where a few post about BT4 but no help there.

im new with linux and i think this fix is for ubuntu ...

any chance that the working drivers can work on bt4 ?
    or any thing that can make the wifi card to inject ?
    i really just want to save my self the money by buying a usb adapter...
    if its working...

i know this problem is not only for me and mayb some one can help us all with this problem.

thanks !
    Doron.

Just burned his ISO

I have the same adapter and following the tutorial from the aircrack-ng forums did get my adapter to work. However that was with a different distro and kernel version.

I have tried alot but I am not able to get stable injection with BT4.

In theory it should work, but in practice it doesn't.

I Just looked around:
    and found this on linuxwireless site.
    News
    June 9, 2009
    about kernel 2.6.30
    mac80211 now supports aggregation with iwlwifi again (broken since 2.6.27)
    So I think that now I have found the problem, why injection isn't working.

Injection for 5100 doesn't work at all... I spent a lot of days and nights trying to fix this problem, better way is to buy a usb adapter...

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Nurek_bagieNNy View Post
    Injection for 5100 doesn't work at all... I spent a lot of days and nights trying to fix this problem, better way is to buy a usb adapter...
    It did work once. And I believe it will work again with the newest kernel.
    Buying an usb adapter is not a way for a real hacker.

Quote Originally Posted by karulont View Post
    It did work once. And I believe it will work again with the newest kernel.
    Buying an usb adapter is not a way for a real hacker.
    so what's the way for real hacker if drivers don't exist? I tried injection with Ubu 8.04, 8.10, BT3, BT4beta, BT4 pre-final, even with different kernels and exotic drivers it wasn't working it's not first time when there is a problem with injecting in Intel cards

Just burned his ISO

When I first bought my laptop with Intel wifi link 5100

There was no working driver for it. I just waited. And then There was a patch. I spent many hours learning how to apply that patch into my kernel. I did it, and it worked.

Current situtation is: iwlwifi driver isn't working since kernel 2.6.27 because of mac80211.

Kernel 2.6.30 promises to fix that.

So I am going to see what was changed in mac80211. And then try to patch the mac80211 module.

Buying a new adapter just because you can't get your totally acceptable adapter working is a waste of money. However if you want a new adapter because it has other special features is totally acceptable.