Thread: Netboot backtrack 3 or 4

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Netboot backtrack 3 or 4

I'm having troubling booting either backtrack 3 or 4. The three threads I have found on these forums for netbooting have not worked for me.

What lines do I add to the pxelinux.0 default file to get backtrack to boot.
    I can get it to start to boot but it just errors when looking for the BT OS files.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thank you.

It be good to know which threads you've read and what specifically isn't working for you? Can you quote an error message or some part of the instruction(s)/thread(s) which you don't understand? It would probably also help if we knew which model netbook you're talking about.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

The error is: Fatal error occured - BT3 data not found

Also, I'm just trying to boot backtrack off my network, I'm not using a netbook.

Quote Originally Posted by stbluesrul View Post
    The error is: Fatal error occured - BT3 data not found

Also, I'm just trying to boot backtrack off my network, I'm not using a netbook.
    My bad I thought "netboot" was a typo of "netbook"
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.