Thread: WPA - password lists?

Just burned his ISO

Default WPA - password lists?

Intro: A friend and I are trying to learn more about Pentesting, and have each set up an AP for the other to try to access. We have each-other's permission to crack and access the networks.

I am looking for a huge dictionary file for WPA. I have checked Xploitz's thread and googled around, but I could'nt find a suitable one. I am looking for something absurdly large. Most of the links I try are broken, so I figured someone might help a brother out and post a working link

Ive tried the argon lists, and I found a torrent for Xploitz's Master list, but they are not sufficient.

Please use descriptive thread titles.

Also why are they not sufficient?

What is the purpose of the whole setup? You guys know that WPA is crackable. If you want to see it yourself just add the password to the dictonary.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

Sorry about the title XD

We are doing it as kind of a game. The rule was that the password can't contain any symbols or obscure characters, and should not be just a jumble of letters/numbers. I have tried 3 other lists, and his password is not in any of them.

I am looking for a huge list, like, 50gb+ if it exists. English is the only language I would need. If anyone has any tips on other things I could do to narrow it down that would be great

Well it won't make sense, if you are not using words from a regular wordbook.

Else if you agreed on words >= 8 chars then you could use crunch.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

If you search here in the forum you'll find some nice and rather comprehensive wordlists.........for example pureh@te's wordlist is awesome (thanks pureh@te)

Good friend of the forums

check out the Pentesting section on the forums, it's a sticky there.

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    Well it won't make sense, if you are not using words from a regular wordbook.

Else if you agreed on words >= 8 chars then you could use crunch.
    Chances are you can't store a full 95^8 dictionary file.

A full 95^8 wordlist would be ~6 PetaBytes (that's 10^15) uncompressed, assuming you could compress it by a full order of magnitude that's still 6 TeraBytes.

The rule was that the password can't contain any symbols or obscure characters, and should not be just a jumble of letters/numbers.
    Even within those parameters, 62^8 is ~199 TeraBytes uncompressed.

I am looking for a huge list, like, 50gb+ if it exists.
    With 50GB you could do (uncompressed):
    95^5 (~7GB ... 95^6 is >700GB)
    62^6 (~56GB ... 62^7 is >3.5TB)

The task you've setforth is really kind of pointless. It's a known FACT that WEP and WPA will fall given sufficient time/resources/interest. If you just want to prove that you can do it, share your passwords/phrases and add them to your existing dictionary files. Your time would be better spent learning how to harden the APs in question and apply industry best practices to their configuration.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.