Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: backtrack 3 beta - no sound [Realtek ALC862 @ Intel]

Default backtrack 3 beta - no sound [Realtek ALC862 @ Intel]

hi there everyone

straight to the point, i got no sound runnin' bt3 beta notebook - toshiba satellite a200-14d, sound - Realtek ALC862 @ Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - HD audio. i've tried to fix it with Kmix or alsa mixer, even downloaded the driver from realtek cite and installed it, however bt3 have a built in realtek driver. Still nothin' . When i'm tryin' to open some music files with audacious it say:
    Unable to play files.
    The following files could not be played.
    Please check that:
    1.they are accessible
    2.you have enabled the media plugins required
    Btw, xmms player plays files, but there's still no sound, only the slider is movin' ;/

After a few days of searchin' everywhere i got no idea why that is so.
    please, maybe anyone can help

btw bt2 rocks!!

Default did u try

Did u try... alsaconf @ root ?

Fast|Track

Default Same prob...

Have a ATI audio device HDA Audio shows up in alsamixer as Realtek ALC861-VD

/proc/asound/cards returns;

0 [SB ]: HDA-intel- HDA ATI SB
    HDA ATI SB at 0xd0400000 irq 16

Tried alsaconf, alsamixer, even downloaded and intalled alsa-1.0.15 then downgraded to loads of other version's and it hasnt fixed it, starting to think its a kernel issue.

Default ;/

Yeah, i've tried everythin' without any result ;/
    maybe something with kernel, however other stuff works perfect (after a few fixes) , even that Intel wireless 4965agn. I'll just wait for a stable release

edit: also got a sound blaster live external usb card and it's not workin' too ;/

Just burned his ISO

It worked for me
    thank your help

Fast|Track

Yeap it's the Kernel, lol, you can read about it in the slack forums something to do with it hooking calls to the sound card from the wrong directory.

Compile new kernel and viola, problem solved!

Yeap I tried alsa conf, even tried editing the files by hand all to no avail

Stupid slack updates

They take a perfectly good working configuration and they cant resist sticking their sticky fingers in it! Grr! :lol:

Default backtrack 3 Final - no sound [Realtek ALC862 @ Intel]

Hi guys,

I am having the same issue that other guys had in this thread,
    with no sound coming from BT3 HD install.
    My laptop is a Toshiba A100-338 and the sound card is Realtek ALC862 @ Intel. I tried everything already mentioned in this forum.
    Is compiling the new Kernel the only option I have?
    Would that option mess with packet injection capabilities of my Orinoco Gold Card? Compiling the Kernel can also be a pain for somebody like me who does not have advanced Linux knowledge.
    Is there a Tutorial on how to compile the Kernel maintaining the same settings needed by Backtrack 3?
    Thanks in advance for your input.

Cheers
    Alexsys
    MCP, CEH, CHFI, SSCP

Default lenevo 3000 n200 model 0769

no sound on backtrack3 final i been searching on line for few days been looking at most website reading linux and still nothing found anywhere in the web seems noone knows or maybe noone bother to drop a text to asnwer my question please need some advice thank you

Lenovo 3000 N200

* wireless card (ipw3945) Seemingly random patterns of disconnection, sometimes takes many tries to connect using wireless assistant
    * Soundcard detected by ALSA but not working (Intel HDA RealTek card)

Quote Originally Posted by mahabad1972 View Post
    no sound on backtrack3 final i been searching on line for few days been looking at most website reading linux and still nothing found anywhere in the web seems noone knows or maybe noone bother to drop a text to asnwer my question please need some advice thank you

Lenovo 3000 N200

* wireless card (ipw3945) Seemingly random patterns of disconnection, sometimes takes many tries to connect using wireless assistant
    * Soundcard detected by ALSA but not working (Intel HDA RealTek card)

Hi,

I had the same problem on a Toshiba Laptop with an Intel Sound card.
    My solution was to compile a newer Kernel.
    I don't remember now which version, but you might try a few and see what fits you best. After recompiling the new Kernel with Intel Sound card support, everything was fine. Hope this helps.
    Alexsys
    MCP, CEH, CHFI, SSCP

Default hi do you where can i find tutorial for that

do you know where can i find a turorial for that i try to do that from linux website but most time and most thing i tried had error message like can not find it or permetion denied or no command

Quote Originally Posted by alexsys View Post
    Hi,

I had the same problem on a Toshiba Laptop with an Intel Sound card.
    My solution was to compile a newer Kernel.
    I don't remember now which version, but you might try a few and see what fits you best. After recompiling the new Kernel with Intel Sound card support, everything was fine. Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast