Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RT2870 BT4 Guide (working!!!)

Just burned his ISO

Same problem here using BT4 Pre-Release & ALFA AWUS036H

Quote Originally Posted by mosjka1 View Post
    Please help. I have followed your instruction but ... : (I need the driver for Zioncom WL0162)

Code:
    root@bt:~/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse# make
    make -C tools
    make[1]: Entering directory `/root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/tools'
    gcc -g bin2h.c -o bin2h
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/tools'
    /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/tools/bin2h
    cp -f os/linux/Makefile.6 /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/Makefile
    make  -C  /lib/modules/2.6.29.4/build SUBDIRS=/root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.29.4'

WARNING: Symbol version dump /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.29.4/Module.symvers
               is missing; modules will have no dependencies and modversions.

CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../common/md5.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../common/mlme.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../common/rtmp_wep.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../common/action.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../common/ba_action.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../common/cmm_data.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../common/rtmp_init.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../common/rtmp_tkip.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../common/cmm_sync.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../common/eeprom.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../common/cmm_sanity.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../common/cmm_info.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../common/cmm_wpa.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../common/dfs.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../sta/assoc.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../sta/aironet.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../sta/auth.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../sta/auth_rsp.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../sta/sync.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../sta/sanity.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../sta/rtmp_data.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../sta/connect.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../sta/wpa.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_linux.o
      CC [M]  /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_profile.o
    /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_profile.c: In function 'RTMPReadParametersHook':
    /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_profile.c:778: error: 'struct task_struct' has no member named 'fsuid'
    /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_profile.c:779: error: 'struct task_struct' has no member named 'fsgid'
    /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_profile.c:780: error: 'struct task_struct' has no member named 'fsuid'
    /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_profile.c:780: error: 'struct task_struct' has no member named 'fsgid'
    /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_profile.c:1369: error: 'struct task_struct' has no member named 'fsuid'
    /root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_profile.c:1370: error: 'struct task_struct' has no member named 'fsgid'
    make[2]: *** [/root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_profile.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [_module_/root/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.29.4'
    make: *** [LINUX] Error 2
    root@bt:~/rt/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse#
    I was having the same problem as mosjka1. I have pretty much no experience writing or modifying drivers, but I decided to jump into this one. I found the build was crashing on line 778:

orgfsuid = current->fsuid
    orgfsgid = current->fsgid

I made the (most likely unsafe, but it was for my own use) assumption that current->fsuid & current->fsgid where both 0 (root) by reading the comment on the line above in the code. I cleaned up the other two references to fsuid & fsgid and then I got past that file.

I then ran into another problem.
    .../rt_main_dev.c:299: error: 'struct net_device' has not member named 'priv'.
    I found that netdev->priv was killed off in 2.6.28. The replacement function is netdev_priv(), and went in quite a while ago. I went through rt_main_dev.c and made all the corrections.

Now I'm getting another error.

../rt_main_dev.c:536: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
    ../rt_main_dev.c:1200: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment

Line 536 is: netdev_priv(net_dev) = 0;
    Line 1200 is: netdev_priv(net_dev) = (PVOID)pAd;

At this point, I'm lost, but I'm working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by m1mike View Post
    Same problem here using BT4 Pre-Release & ALFA AWUS036H

I was having the same problem as mosjka1. I have pretty much no experience writing or modifying drivers, but I decided to jump into this one. I found the build was crashing on line 778:

orgfsuid = current->fsuid
    orgfsgid = current->fsgid

I made the (most likely unsafe, but it was for my own use) assumption that current->fsuid & current->fsgid where both 0 (root) by reading the comment on the line above in the code. I cleaned up the other two references to fsuid & fsgid and then I got past that file.

I then ran into another problem.
    .../rt_main_dev.c:299: error: 'struct net_device' has not member named 'priv'.
    I found that netdev->priv was killed off in 2.6.28. The replacement function is netdev_priv(), and went in quite a while ago. I went through rt_main_dev.c and made all the corrections.

Now I'm getting another error.

../rt_main_dev.c:536: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
    ../rt_main_dev.c:1200: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment

Line 536 is: netdev_priv(net_dev) = 0;
    Line 1200 is: netdev_priv(net_dev) = (PVOID)pAd;

At this point, I'm lost, but I'm working on it.
    i'm guessing you're not a programmer (but good job getting what you did done) they upped the kernel for bt4 prerelease from bt4 beta, and this driver was "patched" to work on that kernel so some more modifications will be needed.

the errors "error: lvalue is required as left operand of assignment" are simply that because you cannot set a function as a lvalue. i dont have the code handy now but if you could post what those lines were with netdev->priv that woudl be helpful. remember that netdev_priv() is a function, netdev->priv refers to a variable (well pointer to a variable etc), while you can set an object's variable, you cant set a value to a function.

one thing you will need to look for are the getter/setter methods for that member variable, the notation "netdev->priv" doesnt require getter and setter methods as it refers to a public variable (changable by someone/thing outside the object), however netdev_priv() being a function i'm going to assume is the getter method (being it will probally return the datatype), find the setter method and you will be better off

Just burned his ISO

-------------------

Just burned his ISO

-------------------

Just burned his ISO

Default Linksys WUSB600N RT2870

Hey all, ill get this out there first off, new to the forum and new to Linux.

Id like to thank apocolipse269 as his instructions were excellent even for a noob like myself.

Anyhow, i did encounter a problem with my compiling for my WUSB600N.

My device Id 1737:0071 Linksys

Ok i have snapshots of compiling, but have no clue how to insert them into this post.

i got rt_profile.c.c:778 then 779 then 780 then 1369 then 1370
    error "struct task_struct" has no member name

If that means anything to anyone that would be great

Ah could someone tell me how to insert a pic into my thread, im sure looking at the complete compiling would be more useful then my interpretation

Oh yah i have BK4 final

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Just burned his ISO

Default Randolf

randolf use backtrack 2 final, its the only working bt o/s that works at the moment with the WUSB600N card, i have the same exact card. remember to burn the disc at 4x speed . and use the nemesis driver. together they work like a charm! if you need anymore help just message me. also ....unless someone patches the driver source code for the rt2870 chipset it wont work for bt4's new kernel.

remember once the disc is booted for bt2 type
    bt login:root
    then. root
    then. toor
    then. startx

here is the link for the nemesis driver
    speedshare.org/download.php?id=F81DA99513

untar the file using either the tar -jxf FILENAMEHERE.bz2
    command or just use windows to take the folder out
    once the folder is out move it to your BT2 desktop
    then do this:
    open a KONSOLE
    then type
    cd Desktop
    then
    cd nemesis
    then
    make && make install

you shouldnt have any problems doing this, as ive been a newb for the past few months figuring out exactly how to do all this.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks DigitalDemolition

Is there another site that has the nemesis driver, the one posted has been pulled due to some terms of use violation.

Just burned his ISO

Default Wusb6000n

Here is the deal

I just wasted a entire day trying to get this adapter to work.

So far i have tried backtrack 2,3,4 and Unbuntu.

All have failed with the hirte driver and the apocolipse driver.????????????

I have added the device Id to add the WUSB600N no luck

backtrack 4 craps out almost immediately when compiling
    backtrack 3 says make: ***/lib/modules/26.21.5/build: no such file or directory
    backtrack 2 compiles and shows the device when i run ipconfig
    but the device does not work
    Unbutu just crashes.

And what is the deal with backtrack 2,3 when installed onto a usb hanging for almost 10 minutes when it comes to "looking for data directory"

There is only one thing i hate more the blue screen of death and that is a a computer choking on software for endless amounts of time.

Any suggestions?

again the compat wireless thread http://forums.remote-exploit.org/bt4...t=%2Art2870%2A should help as an alternative

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast