Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asus Eee PC 1008HA

Just burned his ISO

Default Asus Eee PC 1008HA

hey guys
    i just got a new 1008HA and im trying to get bt4 to work with it.
    but the wifi chipset doesnt seem to be supported, so is there a driver for the AR9285? I read that madwifi would work with it, but how do i implement this into the live linux?
    im afraid i'd need a full guide, im almost totally new to linux.
    tl;dr: linux newbie wants to get bt4 to work on asus eee pc 1008ha
    thanks in advance

Just burned his ISO

Hi CustOm,
    Apparently your chip is the same as 1000HE, the driver based on ath9k, you can find the source on linux wireless website.
    Some post says, injection working with ath9k, but not tested yet, I'm running BT3 !
    Other post can give you informations concerning persistant changes for BT4.
    Not so easy to mix together as newbie (same situation) but trying is also learning !!!
    Regards

Just burned his ISO

thanks for the quick answer. so i downloaded the compat-wireless-2.6.tar.bz2 with windows running, then started live linux, mounted my drive and started following the guide on linuxwireless
    everything works fine, but what do i do at the "Load" part (under building and installing). i unloaded the subsystem but what do i have to load now? and how? i cant restart cause that will destroy all my work since no changes are persistent.
    please help me out and maybe guide me from this point

i used sudo make load ath9k and it satarted loading modules
    but it said "FATAL: Module ath not found." (and 3 other fatals, but this seems to be atheros...)
    then ./scripts/load.sh: line 20: athload: command not found
    ./scripts/load.sh: line 22: b43load: command not found
    make: *** [load] Error 127

from that point on airmon-ng showed me 2 wirless interfaces.
    wlan0 - [phy0]
    wlan1 - [phy1]
    but no name etc.
    airmon-ng start wlan0 puts phy0 in monitor mode
    but when i then start airodump with "airodump-ng mon0" it doesnt show me a single wlan network. theres obviously something wrong here....

Just burned his ISO

Hi,
    As far as I read on some topics, the command line is :
    modprobe ath9k
    regards

Just burned his ISO

thanks its working now ! now i only need to make it persistent, else i gotta do shit for 15mins everytime i start bt4 :s

Just burned his ISO

I am in the same boat as you cust0m. I do believe there is a way to get it working well with injection but I just havent been able to come across the documentation yet.

I am getting stuck at the part where i create ath0. I execute command:

Code:
    wlanconfig ath0 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode sta
    and get error:

Code:
    wlanconfig: ioctl: No such device
    I have googled the error and havent been able to find an answer to it.

Just burned his ISO

okay it seems like i got another problem. my wlan chipset seems to disable itself after a while. i do the following:
    airmon-ng
    airmon-ng start wlan0
    airodump-ng mon0
    so now i can see the APs surrounding me (there are like 6 WPA encrypted ones, not a single wep )
    but like after 2mins they just disappear and i dont even have my own wlan on the list. has to be some kind of bug. if i wait long enough it sometimes shows me the APs again.
    i also get this problem if i cancel airodump, write down the bssid and start sniffing packets. as soon as i cancel airodump and start it again with new parameters i dont get anything, the chip is disabled. however, if i unload the drivers and load them again it works. but ofc the problems just start over.

EDIT: Problem solved. if i dont put the chipset into monitor mode it works perfectly. but when i try to set up a wifi connection to my network the network manager crashes as soon as i try to paste the key...

Quote Originally Posted by cust0m View Post
    so now i can see the APs surrounding me (there are like 6 WPA encrypted ones, not a single wep )
    Set your own AP with WEP...
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Just burned his ISO

yeah...right
    well im pretty happy that i got everything working now.
    the only thing left to do is making it persistent, gotta get a second usb stick for that
    hopefully it works on first try

Just burned his ISO

I have a 1008HA and I can't seem to get BT3 to boot up at all(on SD but it works on and HP laptop great), and BT4 (on USB) gets to the desktop but my mouse doesn't work, i have to plug in a USB mouse, witch takes up 1 of the USB ports and plus i can't always use an external mouse... How are you getting your BT4 to work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast