Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I can't download final version

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Yangon(Myanmar)
    Posts
    12

    Exclamation I can't download final version

    hi, I can't download final version (iso), I lived in Myanmar(Burma).
    So I request my friend who lived in Australia, he is also like me, Help me.
    How can I get it?

  2. #2
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default Re: I can't download final version

    Keep trying the link (the main site, or one of the hosting sites may be tempiorarily busy/down) or use the official torrent.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

  3. #3

    Default Re: I can't download final version

    Try it using a torrent mirror, or look up for rapidshare links

  4. #4
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default Re: I can't download final version

    Quote Originally Posted by reeth View Post
    Try it using a torrent mirror, or look up for rapidshare links
    You will want to get BackTrack only from one of the official sources if you want support here.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

  5. #5
    Moderator theprez98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,533

    Default Re: I can't download final version

    Quote Originally Posted by reeth View Post
    Try it using a torrent mirror, or look up for rapidshare links
    I too would suggest that downloading from Rapidshare or other "unofficial" methods is not a good idea; first, developers are interested in knowing how many people are using BackTrack; and second, you never know what you're getting from a third party source in terms of the ISO being modified.

  6. #6
    My life is this forum thorin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,629

    Default Re: I can't download final version

    Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    I too would suggest that downloading from Rapidshare or other "unofficial" methods is not a good idea; first, developers are interested in knowing how many people are using BackTrack; and second, you never know what you're getting from a third party source in terms of the ISO being modified.
    The MD5 of the ISO can still be checked whether it's from an official source or not. It is HIGHLY unlikely that someone can come up with a MD5 collision and modify the ISO in any useful way.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

    I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

  7. #7
    Moderator theprez98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,533

    Default Re: I can't download final version

    Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    The MD5 of the ISO can still be checked whether it's from an official source or not. It is HIGHLY unlikely that someone can come up with a MD5 collision and modify the ISO in any useful way.
    This is true, of course. But someone who doesn't have the patience to download from an official source is probably unlikely to check the MD5 hash. Also, it doesn't help with the first problem of developers being able to track numbers of users.

  8. #8
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Yangon(Myanmar)
    Posts
    12

    Unhappy Re: I can't download final version

    Hi every one, I also try torrent file, but it also doesn't work.
    So I try to download ISO version on official site http://moon.backtrack-linux.org/downloads/bt4-final.iso.
    It is more worse. I click on the iso download button. I saw like this on the webpage
    "Not Found

    The requested URL /downloads/bt4-final.iso was not found on this server.
    Apache/2.2.12 (Ubuntu) Server at moon.backtrack-linux.org Port 80"

    I think, I can't get chance for using BT4 final.

  9. #9
    Moderator theprez98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,533

    Default Re: I can't download final version

    Quote Originally Posted by moorejohn90 View Post
    Hi every one, I also try torrent file, but it also doesn't work.
    So I try to download ISO version on official site http://moon.backtrack-linux.org/downloads/bt4-final.iso.
    It is more worse. I click on the iso download button. I saw like this on the webpage
    "Not Found

    The requested URL /downloads/bt4-final.iso was not found on this server.
    Apache/2.2.12 (Ubuntu) Server at moon.backtrack-linux.org Port 80"

    I think, I can't get chance for using BT4 final.
    BackTrack Linux Downloads | BackTrack Linux

    I checked the links on this page just now, and they worked fine.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    8,012

    Default Re: I can't download final version

    Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    BackTrack Linux Downloads | BackTrack Linux

    I checked the links on this page just now, and they worked fine.
    I tried both the iso and he zip twice. I will note that the first time with the iso I got a 404 but as soon as I retried it worked.
    OP Just keep trying.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 11:23 AM
  2. OpenVAS 3 version not in BT4 final;
    By ldenopol in forum Beginners Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 11:43 AM
  3. bt4-final.iso download link PLEASE
    By Anton in forum Beginners Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 05:10 PM
  4. Problems with download Final Version 4
    By druss85 in forum Beginners Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 08:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •