Thread: Enable WPA?

Just burned his ISO

Question Enable WPA?

Hello.

I use a BT3 Live Usb stick (on Acer one) and want to connect it to my WPA ap.
    But when i try that it says that it can't connect cause the "WPA supply" or someting isn't enabled. How can I enable it?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by emilerpel View Post
    Hello.

I use a BT3 Live Usb stick (on Acer one) and want to connect it to my WPA ap.
    But when i try that it says that it can't connect cause the "WPA supply" or someting isn't enabled. How can I enable it?

Thanks.
    I had similar issues when I started on BT3 my first piece of advice would be check your adapter is compatible with BT look it up here: HCL:Wireless - Offensive-security.com
    It is possible for an adapter to support basic networking but not all features of BT. If your's is not compatible I would suggest: the Alfa 500mw
    Seems to be accepted as the best one for the job supports everything and runs str8 out of the box (powerful long-range adapter as well).
    Finally I would look into the BT4 VMWARE image I've just moved onto that on top of windows xp. Even a non-compatible wifi adapter can be made to work with BT (providing its compatible with windows) in so far as basic networking. For aircrack-ng etc you need a adapter that supports monitoring. BT4 is streets ahead and you'll find it a lot easier to work with.

Just burned his ISO

try wpa_supplicant