Thread: Problem using Realtek RTL8187B

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Problem using Realtek RTL8187B

Hi ppl I am having a problem with my Realtek RTL8187B card that's suposedly compatible with back track 4 (that's the version I am using), when I try to inject it only works in my modem that's right close to my laptop, when I try to inject on another AP it doesn't work (not that I am trying to crack someone else's modem just to try my card range) and I can't get a suscessefull handshake from my AP...what should I do? should I download a new version of aircrack? and if yes can you please tell me how to install it in bt4 because I am a noob at linux? do I have to patch my drivers? again if I have too please tell me how.

Thanks in advance.

Just burned his ISO

Default help plz

Since so "many" ppl answered my thread I just wanted to know if someone can tell me a card to my laptop (both USB or cardbus) that I can buy that's fully compatible with aircrack for Linux (Unbuntu or Backtrack 4) and/or windows for 20$/€ or less. Please someone tell me a good one beacause I looked for a long time in this forum and all I see is ppl telling that the answer has been posted before but I can't find anything about it.

Thanks in advance.