Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fun Search Engine

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Names are fun to throw at it too. Streaker's name is more common than mine. Though it has no clue what to do with his last name, mine is ranked 133 in the us in 2000. Heh, it says Thron is 88 years 4 months 18 days old. Though we all know he's much older than that.
    My name is more common than yours? I'm finding that really hard to believe.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Google used to do that.
    Yea... still doing it.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by kazalku View Post
    Although, it says that life is 42..
    Earlier I asked "what is the answer to the question of life" which gave me 42. Sadly it doesn't know what the question is, which IIRC should have given me 6*7.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Wolfram Alpha is great but some of the ways they make you search for things are just convoluted.

It can and i think will be a wonderful addition to google but for the moment its not up to that level yet.

One thing they really need to work on is the spelling correction or input suggestions.
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vvpalin View Post
    Wolfram Alpha is great but some of the ways they make you search for things are just convoluted.

It can and i think will be a wonderful addition to google but for the moment its not up to that level yet.

One thing they really need to work on is the spelling correction or input suggestions.

I read a review about it a couple weeks back and the part that stands out in my mind was the search engine was 'developed my mathematicians and would probably be most useful to them'. It will likely improve in the future. Or the hosting / research & development costs will run out and google will sweep in to save the day (read: buy out) and we will never hear of it again.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    My name is more common than yours? I'm finding that really hard to believe.
    Your first name. It has no clue what to do with your last name, which isn't that common, but you'd think it would at least know about it.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

I found a funny one too, I just can't post links yet...

So just go ahead and ask wolfram "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

Or another one:
    "How many roads must a man walk down before you can call him a man?"

He also responds to the question "Where am I"

It doesn't know "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop" either.

Oh, wait. I just asked the question wrong...

How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Just to continue to mess with it.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inf_437 View Post
    He also responds to the question "Where am I"
    More importantly is his location.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast