Thread: Brute force / encrypting tool, which offers using ALL cpu's/gpu's ?

Default Brute force / encrypting tool, which offers using ALL cpu's/gpu's ?

Yes, that's,what I was thinking of.
    I forgot the name of such a thing, it is called gpu, I think, but I am not sure.

However, whith this peace of software it is possible to configure all processing units of a computer for decrypting, brute-force and other guessing techniques.

This tool shall allow to combine all gpu's from a sli/crossfire-combination to those cores of the cpu and use all of the cores to compute fine things, like hashes for example.

What would You say?

Would You like to adopt a tool like that?

Update:

Now I found some:

All for nvidia-GPU's:

•Extreme GPU Bruteforcer (Shareware, MD5/MySQL/SHA-1/NTLM, )
    •GPU MD5 Crack (Freeware, MD5)
    •BarsWF (Freeware, MD5)
    •Lightning Hash Cracker (Freeware, MD5)
    •CuMD5 (Open-Source, MD5)
    •nvCUDA (Open-Source, MD5/Mysql)
    FIAT IUSTITIA ET PEREAT MUNDUS

Quote Originally Posted by me-$-on View Post
    Yes, that's,what I was thinking of.
    I forgot the name of such a thing, it is called gpu, I think, but I am not sure.

However, whith this peace of software it is possible to configure all processing units of a computer for decrypting, brute-force and other guessing techniques.

This tool shall allow to combine all gpu's from a sli/crossfire-combination to those cores of the cpu and use all of the cores to compute fine things, like hashes for example.

What would You say?

Would You like to adopt a tool like that?

Yea, cause no one has thought of that.

I think there's five different threads here on the subject.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Default Ok, just wanted to be up to date.

I imagined, this ideas were already mentioned, but I suppose, this is a "request for features" thread, which servers the purpose to collect the election of other users.

And if this topic exists more than 5 times from more than 5 people, than this looks like a clear tendency, doesn't it?

Doesn't the new pyrit not only enable multiple GPU's but also multiple cores?
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by vvpalin View Post
    Doesn't the new pyrit not only enable multiple GPU's but also multiple cores?
    AFAIK pyrit is gpu only, but it does work with multi-gpu systems.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

It would seem the main problem with this idea is that BT* was meant to be portable. If you need something with major bruteforce power, you're not going to have that in a portable laptop unit.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Default Oh, yes

that's completely right.

A Laptop is better for only collecting those things, which have to be encrypted.

----------

And what about an microcontroller simulation tool?
    You know, what I mean?

A graphical drag and drop application, which allowes me to build a breadboard on the screen and equip it as I want.

And even simulate the programming via c/asm.

And even simulate the functions of a working microcontroller.....and "connecting" it emulation-line to any interface of our computer.

wouldn't this be great?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by me-$-on View Post
    that's completely right.

A Laptop is better for only collecting those things, which have to be encrypted.

----------

And what about an microcontroller simulation tool?
    You know, what I mean?

A graphical drag and drop application, which allowes me to build a breadboard on the screen and equip it as I want.

And even simulate the programming via c/asm.

And even simulate the functions of a working microcontroller.....and "connecting" it emulation-line to any interface of our computer.

wouldn't this be great?
    What would that have to do with BT at all? Unless you're planning to build Janek's blackbox on the fly while doing a Pentest, there isn't much point to it being in BT is there?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Sorry, double posted.

like building Keikiriki or similar stuff.

But a real need is not present, obviously.